Default SJC Corp Furnace Age?

I ran into an 80,000 BTU gas forced air furnace on my last inspection that had no name markings on the exterior, but the data tag on the inside said the the maker was SJC Corp. I hadn't heard of that one, but figured it would be easy to look up on the internet. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case, so I'm hoping that the vast pool of knowledge on this forum can come up with some information, and an age for this unit for me.

The furnace Model No. is VI 080D13 EI, and the Ser. No. is 80K07016FK. It's an older unit that is something less than 80% efficient. Thanks in advance for your help with this one.

Mike Chambers

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: SJC Corp Furnace Age?

I may have found it. I forgot I've got an old 1994 BlueBook that Carrier used to publish - and may still (?).

It does cover SJC, and the year and BTU appears to be a function of the model number instead of the serial number. That being the case, if I got the first letter wrong, and it's a "U" instead of a "V", then this unit was built in 1981. It looked really old, and wouldn't run, so I'm going with that.

If anyone else wants the SJC Corp info, email me separately. I'd scan it in and post it, but that would probably be a copyright infringement or something.

Thanks a lot!

Mike