Default Termination of heating unit

The attached pictures are of how a 90% trane forced air system and rheem powered vent water heater are terminated at the exterior of the home. The owner stated that the local building officals approved this installation. Does anyone have a contact number from trane? I would like to e-mail them and these pictures to comfirm whether this is a proper installation, which I believe it is not.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Cool Re: Termination of heating unit

Don't have the contact number handy Rich but first of all, these terminations appear to be plastic dryer vent/ fart fan outlets with the backdraft dampers removed. I doubt any of them are approved as vent outlets for the attached appliances but maybe one of them as an air intake.

A big question remains how the vent pipes are attached and sealed to these outlets.

Keep the fire in the fireplace.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Termination of heating unit

Neither do they appear to be 12" plus average snow cover above finished grade either.

Default Re: Termination of heating unit

The lower one of the first 2 is a dryer vent, I believe. There is lint hanging out of it and on the concrete below it.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca