Nolan Kienitz Guest

Default "Proposed" TX TREC SOP & Template changes

There are proposed documents available at the TX TREC website regarding the SOP, Rules and Report Template that govern how the the TX TREC-Licensed inspectors perform their jobs.

I've attached the documents to this posting and if you go to the TREC website you are welcome to provide comments to the "proposed" documents.

They will be formally presented and acted upon by TREC later this summer/fall.

Here is a link to the TREC website where the documents are posted.

TREC - Draft SOPs

I've removed the e-mail address that is provided at the TREC website above, but for some reason the link will not work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nolan Kienitz; 06-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: "Proposed" TX TREC SOP & Template changes

Make it STOP, make it STOP, make it STOP.

Why must they keep playing with the standards? Justification of their position?

Does anyone in Texas other than those on the TREC committee or payroll see the need for yet another revision and yet another form?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Darrel Hood Guest

I agree with the concept and purpose of licensing. However, TREC as it applies to inspectors is an outstanding example of an out of control destructive government entity. There was no reason for the prior changes to the SOP and report form and there is no valid reason now. There is also no reason for a tax payer to pay for a commentary. The employees of the agency and members of the inspection committee do not appear to care that they are harming the ability of honest, hard working people to earn a living.

Even though I agree that licensing can be beneficial, I think the current TREC inspection function should be eliminated entirely, perhaps by the sunset process like TRCC was.

The actions of TREC are a large part of the reasons that 80% of my inspection work is done in unregulated activities for which the license is only a marketing tool. I hope and pray I can work that up to 100%.

Eric Shuman Guest

WTH? Is that a typo in the draft of the proposed report form or did they really take away the "D" (Deficient) column? Why would this be done? To soften up the report's negative image? To further confuse the homebuyer?

Bizarre, to say the least

Also, Nolan I could nopt get your link for comments to work...

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Shuman View Post
    WTH? Is that a typo in the draft of the proposed report form or did they really take away the "D" (Deficient) column? Why would this be done? To soften up the report's negative image? To further confuse the homebuyer?

Bizarre, to say the least

Also, Nolan I could nopt get your link for comments to work...
    ES - See my corrected OP. I did some checking and the e-mail address posted at the TREC website does not appear to be functional.

I reposted with the URL for the Proposed SOP page at TREC.

Tnx for the head's up.

As for the "D" checkbox changes ... all in all that is a good thing. I wish they would get ride of ALL the boxes ... but that won't happen anytime soon. There is also no guarantee that what is proposed will be approved.

Read the proposed SOP and the Rules. Lot of good changes and cleaning up of redundant items. IE: AFCI 'presence' reporting is removed.

They are getting rid of the trash compactor section? I don't know if I'll be able to find the strength to go on.

I wonder how far we are from a 1 to 10 rating system for each component.

This is almost as good as our "national" test. Because knowing how to inspect oil heaters and basements will come in so handy in Texas.

Eric Shuman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    Read the proposed SOP and the Rules. Lot of good changes and cleaning up of redundant items. IE: AFCI 'presence' reporting is removed.
    Yes, that pebble in my shoe would be a welcome change. I get more call backs and confusion on that provision than any other in the SOP, even when I explain the purpose and relation to old home vs. new home.