Default what is this siding?

what is the trim covered siding? formed panel? stucco?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: what is this siding?

It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.

Nevada IOS#1730
    Nevada Energy Auditor #30
    775-342-4767 www.homecsi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ernst View Post
    It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.
    There were skim coated 4x8 panels as well.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Darrel Hood Guest

There are trim products for stucco that are carved styrofoam forms. Perhaps that's what these are.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ernst View Post
    Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.

Dominiclp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Babcock View Post
    Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.
    so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco

I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.
    Steven, try holding down your "Ctrl" key and hit your "+" key several times to zoom in. Ctrl and - to zoom out.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Quote Originally Posted by Dominiclp View Post
    so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco
    I just say it stucco panel.