Kurt Mc Guest

Default Proper Ledger Board Deck Flashing

Attachment 26026

Attachment 26027

Attachment 26028
    I'm hoping someone may be able to take a second and help meunderstand if the flashing on the ledger board is correct. I just build a deck on my brand new home(house built summer 2011) and I'm wondering if I need to go back and remove afew deck boards and re-do the flashing. The flashing that is in the pictures was the flashing that the builderinstalled when they built the house. They attached the ledger and flashing, and last week I built thedeck. I figured it would be sufficientfor me, however after all the reading I have done now it seems that no one usesthis type. What I mean is that the black flashing in the pictures is more of arubber material and not vinyl. Its certainlynot copper, aluminum, or steel. But it does tuck up behind the siding a ways.
    Would anyone be willing to take a look at the pictures andlet me know if this is correct?!? .... If I have to go back and re-do (installa vinyl or metal flashing over the top) it I will. It’s better to spend 100-200 bucks now ratherthan thousands later for a rotted house rim. Last thing I want is to buy abrand new construction and end up on some "DIY gone wrong" show!
    Thanks!