Ron Bishop Guest

Default trap configuration

Interested in hearing how other inspectors would report this trap configuration.
    thks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: trap configuration

Homeowner - "Gee, why do I have to rewash all my dishes drying in the right-hand sink every time I use the disposer?"

Ron Bishop Guest

cute...thks

If that's a "T" with a baffle, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I put a few inches of water in both sinks, pull the plugs and then turn on the disposal. If the disposal pushes water into the adjacent sink bowl (most of the time), then I mention it in my report and advise corrections by a licensed and qualified plumbing contractor.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ron Bishop Guest

good info...thanks guys

Garry Blankenship Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    I put a few inches of water in both sinks, pull the plugs and then turn on the disposal. If the disposal pushes water into the adjacent sink bowl (most of the time), then I mention it in my report and advise corrections by a licensed and qualified plumbing contractor.
    Really sage advice Gunnar. Cuts through codes & red tape - - - it works or it don't.

it looks acceptable codewise.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

That combintion requires minimum 1-1/2" drain/waste plumbing. Using 1-1/4 is never allowed for other than a lavatory.

DFU for DW, GD & double sink.

The lateral from the double sink on the right is not correct (downhill and extended slip). Slip joints for other than the trap on lateral (horizontal still requires minimum slope) are not allowed. That is not Sch. 40 or better - those are Sch. 10 or 20 DIY kit pieces. You may not reduce the trap size. Incorrect fittings (size, type, configuration) incorrect application, not approved for purpose. Sadly it is not illegal to sell this material, only to employ (install, use) it.

The drywall opening has not been closed, neither around the plumbing nor the electrical box (presumed behind the wall plate). This is both a pest/health, general property maintenance/fire resistant construction, and electrical code issue.

The cord is not an approved, length-etc. set, and has been coiled around the waste/drain plumbing.

The spray hose has been run so as to catch on the trap arm and electrical cord/plug set.

It is not right for CA building, plumbing, electrical, or property maintenance codes.

Ron Bishop Guest

there you go...thks