Default Science, information, radon and the internet?

Hello Gents –

Various publications frequently ask me for input on certain scientific issues, and so when I received a request for comments from an on-line mag called “The ComputerEdge” it was no surprise.

On the heels of some recent discussions whereby text from various websites were copy-and-pasted as though they must represent "truth," and unread articles that were confidently linked, I thought this may be of interest. Whereas most cognizant adults are aware that the internet is loaded with misinformation, contrary to common belief, “scientific studies” are similarly loaded with fraud and misinformation.

I addressed the editor’s questions and he asked if he could use my response in his article; in the end, for his article, he essentially took my email and made it the article (after a little editing).

For your reading enjoyment, here is the article:

ComputorEdge - San Diego: Does Repetition on the Internet Make It True?: An E-mail from Caoimhin P. Connell, Forensic Industrial Hygienist

Cheers!
    Caoimh*n P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG