Thread: need help

ted dang Guest

Default need help

we would like the services of a home inspector/termite inspector who has a minibot for the SF Eastbay area

Inspection Referral

Default Re: need help

Quote Originally Posted by ted dang View Post
    who has a minibot
    Why?

What, specifically, do you think will be gained with the use of something like that?

Curious as to what benefit you think that has.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Why?

What, specifically, do you think will be gained with the use of something like that?

Curious as to what benefit you think that has.
    Don't start on this "You don't need fancy high tech toys if you know what you doing" routine again.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Don't start on this "You don't need fancy high tech toys if you know what you doing" routine again.
    Rick,

I'm thinking 'Hey, if a minibot is that good for something, then *I WANT ONE TOO*.' ... can I charge $5,000 for the minibot roving around while I play with it going here and there?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I'd like to have a minibot. That sounds like a lot more fun than crawling down there myself.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I'd like to have a minibot. That sounds like a lot more fun than crawling down there myself.
    I agree, and think of all the fun you will be having driving that thing around ... and missing all those items which you might otherwise see.

I can see the first time an inspector uses one and it loses signal, dies, or something up under a crawlspace which is too low to physically access ... and that inspector is left with 'Oh well, it was a neat idea, and it was a tool, thus it was tax deductible, so ... no problem.' as they and turn away to hide their loss.

If the crawlspace is too low to access, that in and of itself is a reportable item as the wood likely does not have the minimum clearances from earth that is required by modern codes.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by ted dang View Post
    we would like the services of a home inspector/termite inspector who has a minibot for the SF Eastbay area
    Try Star Inspection Group, I don't know if Roger has a mini-bot but they are some of the better inspectors in the bay area. Star Inspection Group

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com