mathew stouffer Guest

Default Radiant snowmelt controls

These appear to be zone controls for irrigation although they are being used for exterior snowmelt zones associated with a gas boiler. This is a first for me, they functioned. Any thoughts.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Garry Blankenship Guest

Default Re: Radiant snowmelt controls

The "they functioned" part probably is all that is needed for your report. Going to that expense for snow melt seems a bit "out there" to me, but snow is not common in my hood.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    These appear to be zone controls for irrigation although they are being used for exterior snowmelt zones associated with a gas boiler. This is a first for me, they functioned. Any thoughts.
    That's the controller I use for my sprinkler system!

My thought is that it is a huge energy waster, the system is running when it doesn't need to. In slab temp sensors, and/or moisture sensors, would be a better way to go. As far as working to melt snow, I think it would work but the time's wouldn't be very well coordinated with the actual snow fall.

mathew stouffer Guest

you have to turn them on manually. Rob you should see the amt of cash people send on snowmetl. Some of the larger homes have systems well over a 100k to install, its crazy. You could buy a fleet of snow blowers

you have to turn them on manually. Rob you should see the amt of cash people send on snowmetl. Some of the larger homes have systems well over a 100k to install, its crazy. You could buy a fleet of snow blowers
    If I lived in the snow area and had unlimited amounts of money ... I'd have the only green grass yard all year round - all 200 acres of the front yard would be that way ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

That's crazy. Then they buy their kids a Prius thinking that will offset their footprint, teach their kids about conservation, and look good for the neighbors.

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Unfortunately heated driveways are not unheard of in our area. Ditto the parking a Prius on one = crazy [FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']hypocritical.[/FONT] [/FONT]