Default ADAIR INSPECTION email hacked

don't bother trying to email or call to ask me if my account has been hacked

IT HAS

tia for your cooperation

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

Default Re: ADAIR INSPECTION email hacked

That's a rather cryptic message....

What has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    That's a rather cryptic message....

What has happened?
    if you get a mail from my account that's going to make you rich
    disregard the mail i was hacked

if you don't then you weren't on my mailing list
    disregard this topic

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

They just stole your email address. Spammers can use anything as a "From" address. Should be illegal with penalty like a loss of hands. At one time I was getting various pill emails from myself. Something new form some spammers, the From address you see has an AOL address but the spam catcher in Outlook doesn't see that. I filter all incoming email from Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Msn, and other free spammer havens into the junk folder. I do a quick review before trashing it to pick out legitimate stuff but spam from AOL still gets through to the inbox.

If you use any of the "free" email services, they are scanning all incoming and outgoing email addresses and selling them to spammers. I think I'm going to setup a special domain and mail box to send stuff to clients with the free email addresses. The email will contain instructions on how to reply

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Just change your password.... it's not just an account using your address as a "from" address, it's emailing your contacts 10-15 at a time with a link...

The spammer has a bot that tries to log in as you and come up with your password, then it auto emails all your friends. Change your password and the issue is resolved.

David Stoffer Guest

I was told by a tech person to start my address book with aaaa

and to end my address book with zzzz

When a hacker tryies to use your address book and it hits a bad address it stops

The aaa and the zzz are bad email address and it won't go on through your address book

Quote Originally Posted by David Stoffer View Post
    I was told by a tech person to start my address book with aaaa

and to end my address book with zzzz

When a hacker tryies to use your address book and it hits a bad address it stops

The aaa and the zzz are bad email address and it won't go on through your address book
    That is VERY close to brilliant. I don't believe it will stop, but this is a solid recommendation. Start your address book with AAAA and make the email address one of your own in a different account, and you'll see the spam before anyone else does and can go change your password. Brilliant! Never would have come up with that, Thanks David!