Thread: Oh what a day!

Default Oh what a day!

106 degrees (not including the 40% humidity), two home inspections, and neither home had a working A/C. One was a foreclosure, the other had the air repaired the day before. And now a day off. If only there was a football game on...

OREP Insurance

Garry Blankenship Guest

Default Re: Oh what a day!

Been feeling a bit sorry for myself & the local Pacific NW weather, but as much as I want some sun, 106o is too much of a good thing. Oddly in our little corner of the country the weather has been a polar opposite. Rain, showers, rain & showers mixed, clouds, showers w/ clouds, clouds w/ showers & all the other "weatherperson" veriations on ways to say RAIN. Having a bunch of folks over today for Alder grilled Sockeye, rotisserie chicken, lots of side dishes and of course some RAIN back. Congratulations on two in one day. A few more of those & you can fly to the PNW for some heat relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Belverstone View Post
    106 degrees (not including the 40% humidity), two home inspections, and neither home had a working A/C. One was a foreclosure, the other had the air repaired the day before. And now a day off. If only there was a football game on...
    I had almost the same experience on Friday. First house, no cold air. Second house first floor air did not work, second floor did, but you couldn't tell it in the 123 deg. attic!

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Our area got hammered by a huge storm on Friday night; power company officials are saying it could be a week until everyone is back up and running. We've already had our two inspections for tomorrow call to postpone due to no power at the properties; we'll wait and see what Tuesday will bring (two inspections on the books). Hate to lose business but I do feel sorry for the folks who are without power during this heat wave. Lucky for us we didn't lose power, so I really can't complain. Hope my fellow Maryland inspectors are doing okay and didn't sustain damage.

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Low of 55 with a high of 80 here today. Just another lovely day in paradise.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Garry, send some rain this way, Vern, if the attic was only 123 I would have walked it,
    Welmoed, I am in the Guard and volunteer for the rapid response team, so I go out whenever a tornado or ice storm moves through. I know what those people are going through and I pray for them. Gunnar..... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Low of 55 with a high of 80 here today. Just another lovely day in paradise.
    I hope you choke on a cheese burger in your paradise, AND get beat up by the Arnold. Hows that Mr high of 80?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.