I posted this on the CREIA message board, then I thought maybe there were others outside of California who might want to be a part of this.

One of the things that many of us do too late is to thank the people who have influenced us. Many of you know Jerry through his posts here on IN, and some will no doubt know him personally. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jerry for the wisdom and friendship that he has given me for the past few years. I hope that others will chime in and share their experiences and thoughts as well.

I began exchanging message board posts and emails with Jerry probably 12 or 13 years ago, but only met him in person a few years back. Three of us met at John's Grill in San Francisco when Jerry Peck and Mimi came west for a vacation. A year or so later, Jerry Mc and Beverly moved to my area and we started having coffee or lunch on a semi-irregular basis - whenever we both had the time. We would talk about home inspection, litigation, kids, family, the weather... whatever came up. When we first began our friendship, I had no knowledge of his history or the influence he has had with CREIA or home inspection in California. Today, I have a greater appreciation of his gift to me.

Thank you Jerry, for the opportunity to get to know you. I have enjoyed every minute and I hope I will be able to do the same for someone else.

Gunnar