Arthur Razee Guest

Default Experianced FR seeking work

Hi All,

I have recently completed about 5 years working with Mueller in Southwest Colorado. Loved the work, left because of a huge communications gap with my manager.

Would like to do more of this work, is there a list on a website or elsewhere which has the names of companies who do work similar to what Mueller??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Arthur

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Experianced FR seeking work

If you google "insurance inspections", or something similar, you will find a whole host of companies out there (most who seem to be looking to hire). I can't actually provide any information about those companies, or what it's like to work for them, however. Also, they all seem to be awfully quiet about compensation - I have been unable to find that information on any of the Mueller type businesses.

Google loss control

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Kurt Hartman Guest

I quit Mueller because of Farrah also. I have never been lied to by a company or a manager like I was from her and Mueller. From what I have read online it seems everyone in Farrah's territory is unhappy with her. She thinks she is the bomb but I think she is one of Muellers biggest reasons for high turnover

Arthur Razee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Hartman View Post
    I quit Mueller because of Farrah also. I have never been lied to by a company or a manager like I was from her and Mueller. From what I have read online it seems everyone in Farrah's territory is unhappy with her. She thinks she is the bomb but I think she is one of Muellers biggest reasons for high turnover

I think the real problem with her is her lack of communication skills. I don't know if this is typical of internet jobs, but you cannot communicate solely through email. Sometimes it is good to pick up a phone and try to figure out what the issues are and derive/negotiate a common solution. She would reply to an email in all caps if she was pissed and with red all caps if she was really pissed. Colorado FR's were forced to endure a 60 minute blasting from the QA manager about what a bunch of jerks we all were. I have been in industry for many years and if all of the employees statewide are doing something wrong which totally upset the underwriter, then the problem probably was misdirection by the manager. . Any how, thanks for the opportunity to vent, I really liked the work and am sorry I had to quit, Whatever

Are you anywhere near Colorado Springs?

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Arthur Razee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Are you anywhere near Colorado Springs?
    No, I'm about 6 hours and 320 miles from the Springs. I have gone over there to work as a traveler on special assignment. It' pretty far.

I am located in the Four Corners area, Southwest Colorado, fairly close to NM and Utah

Thanks for thinking about me.
    Arthur

Lisa Mascaro Guest

There is also an outfit called SOFI, I believe it stands for Society of Field Inspectors. They sell a packet that shows you how to market your work. I've never sent for it, but if I were out of work, I might.

My understanding is that these loss control inspections are on the increase in the industry, so it may be easier than it first appears to find work.

Good Luck!