Default Selling/Buying A Home Inspection Business

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Selling/Buying A Home Inspection Business

If you'd like to talk to me about this topic, call Mike Doerr at 800-544-8156 and schedule an appointment. Might be worth your while.

I sold my HI business in 94 when I moved. Feel free to email or PV me to discuss.

There is little to no value in a one or two man inspection company except for the equipment. There may be value to a multi-inspector company but you'd need an iron clad contract from each of the inspectors guaranteeing they would not leave...good luck with that.

Most home inspection companies market the individual service and knowledge and each inspector has their own "following" or referral network. Loose that inspector and you'll loose those inspections.

I watched firsthand as one large national company purchased a smaller national company for a few million dollars. That small company was doing 4-5 million a year in inspections. Within a week of the purchase 50% of the inspectors quit and started their own businesses. Within 2 years 90% of the original inspectors had left and started their own businesses. 95% of their referrals was also lost.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com