Question Page Numbering in 3D

Does anyone know how (in plain words, like I'm a three year old) to make page numbers appear on reports in 3D (the reporting software, not actual 3D). Any help would be appreciated!

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    John Thompson
    Shelter Works Home Inspections, LLC
    Missoula, MT

Default Re: Page Numbering in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Does anyone know how (in plain words, like I'm a three year old) to make page numbers appear on reports in 3D (the reporting software, not actual 3D). Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi Johnny,

Well, first we have to turn-on Mr. Computer. Ask mommie where the switch is...

Ok, sorry, but you did say...

In Report Writer, At the top/left corner, click on "File", then "Page Setup". You might need to have a report open.

Under the "General" tab, you will see "Header/Footer Document". At the far right is "Customize". There should be some file named with a .W3D extension. This is the background document and you can have general disclaimers, page numbers, company name, buyer's name, address, etc. that will print on each page of the report. If you don't have one, you will have to create one in the word processor and then specify it in "Page Setup". Make sure you set your margins in "Report Writer" so you don't have double printing in the same area of the finished report.

Assuming there is a document listed, clicking on "Customize" will open the Header/Footer document in the word processor.

A toolbar near the top has an "Insert" button. Press that and you will get a list of things that will automatically insert information into the background document. "Page Number" is there as is "of Page _ (total pages)". I use both, that way there is no question as to how many pages should be in the report. I first created a footer and then placed the "page number" and "of page" into the footer. Could be in the header as well.

Hope this helps.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Default Re: Page Numbering in 3D

Thanks Gunnar! Gonna see how it all works out in my report tomorrow!

John Thompson
    Shelter Works Home Inspections, LLC
    Missoula, MT