Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default It Would Have Required Less Work to Just Fix it

I inspected a property back in June and the buyer was going to settlement today and wanted the repair request items inspected to make sure the seller make the appropriate repairs. During the inspection in June, I noted a bare grounding conductor attached to the neutral bus bar in the 1st floor subpanel for correction (see the 1st pic from the June inspection). Today, when I look inside the same panel during the inspection of repair items, I see all white neutral wires on that bus bar but one of them looks funny. Upon closer eyeballing, the "electrician" wrapped the entire grounding conductor with white tape and left it attached to the same neutral bus bar. This stupid like act of deception required more work than it would have taken to just attach the ground to the proper bus bar.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: It Would Have Required Less Work to Just Fix it

It's scary there are people out there who call themselves electricians and do this kind of crap.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

You said it was "Bare", now it's not.
    Make up your mind as to what you want.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

The electrician may have determined that the bare ground wire was actually being used as a neutral wire.

Yes, that means there is another problem with that conductor.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I doubt that Jerry. The electrician showed up as we were leaving. He asked me what still needed to be done and when I mentioned the taped grounding conductor, he asked me what he should do. Sigh........