Herb Miles Guest

Default Trane Air Handler CFM Needed

I have a Trane 4TEE3F65B1000BA variable speed air handler - need to know max cfm flow...

Thanks...

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Trane Air Handler CFM Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Miles View Post
    I have a Trane 4TEE3F65B1000BA variable speed air handler - need to know max cfm flow...

Thanks...
    It might be listed on the data plate on the unit, outside of that you might want to call Trane to get it straight from the source.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Herb Miles Guest

Thanks, Scott. Trane was not much help, but is supposed to email me some info. May have to call them again, but thanks for your reply.

Thanks...
    My first thought, and question, is "Why?"

Then I figured, what to heck, I ask strange questions too, just because I want to know, so ... have you asked here: Questions & Answers - Best Air Conditioning System, HVAC Basics, Clean Air, Smart Home, Geothermal | TRANE ?

Click on 'Chat With Us' and see if you can get to someone who knows.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Bob Spermo Guest

Some plates have the fan speed vs static pressure chart which gives you the CFM at different fan speeds and different static pressures. I do not know why you need it but there is a simple way to get the actual supply airflow!

David Bell Guest

I believe that model is a 5 ton unit so the cfm should be approximately 2000 at top speed.

Herb Miles Guest

Thanks, David. That's pretty much what I have figured also.

Thanks...
    Okay Herb, please enlighten us as to why you would need the know the flow of an air handler. I'm just wondering. Maybe its something we should know.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Andrew Milejszo Guest

I'm wondering, if not already posted, higher fan speed needed to reduce the humidity in the home?

This is something we had to do on our hi-energy efficent Lennox, then we purchased a HRV unit which helped with reducing the humidity further, and cost of gas use.

Herb Miles Guest

If you're looking at all the room feeds coming off, note the sizes and add up the cfm (each size duct will move a certain amount of air) - can the air handler move that much air? In other words, is the system adequate for the house - seems a prospective buyer would want to know that.

If you're looking at all the room feeds coming off, note the sizes and add up the cfm (each size duct will move a certain amount of air) - can the air handler move that much air? In other words, is the system adequate for the house - seems a prospective buyer would want to know that.
    The cfm a certain size duct will handle also depends on the pressure in the duck system.

Adding up the duct sizes will simply give you the maximum cfm which can flow through the duct at that given pressure, and being as most systems are not designed at maximum cfm, adding up duct sizes will not tell you how many cfm was intended to go into each room.

As such, I don't see where that information would help your client, and in fact could give the client incorrect information - seems a prospective buyer would not want to know that.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com