william siegel Guest

Default Another contractor approved roof

It must be my month. This was a 31 year old roof that the seller / contractor swears has a 5 year warranty, or so he told the buyer (contractor was not on site). The roof has been painted, not sure with what type of paint and he was claiming it was leak free. Both valleys were leaking and there was evidence of leaks all along the right edge (fascia) of the home. What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Another contractor approved roof

Quote Originally Posted by william siegel View Post
    It must be my month. This was a 31 year old roof that the seller / contractor swears has a 5 year warranty, or so he told the buyer (contractor was not on site). The roof has been painted, not sure with what type of paint and he was claiming it was leak free. Both valleys were leaking and there was evidence of leaks all along the right edge (fascia) of the home. What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?
    Tell them the painter/contractor/flipper is performing roof repairs without a license.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by william siegel View Post
    What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?
    Your perspective is warped William. You seem to forget you are on IN and actually doing your job. i don't know about Florida but I can tell you around here flippers can rely on checkbox idiots.
    The flipper is hooked up with an agent, the agent suggests the buyer could use X inspector and the deal closes. Even without agent referrals buyers seem to be good at finding checkbox inspectors.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Tell them the painter/contractor/flipper is performing roof repairs without a license.
    Tell them the roof needs replaced.
    *seller and buyer issue.
    ** If I were buying sale price would reflect a New Roof.

Last edited by Billy Stephens; 08-02-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: a added
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Smile Re: Another contractor approved roof

I called out a roof lately, there were the standard curling/damaged/missing shingles, holes in some of them, patching etc. Upset buyer/client calls me to tell me that a "roofer" came out and said that it was good for 5 years and repair/replacement was not needed. Client tells me that she is looking at my pictures with holes, damage etc and can't believe it. I told her to have the "roofer" write on his/her letterhead stating that is is good for another 5 years. Roof was replaced the next week. Broker and listing agent upset, removed my brochures from office and is telling everyone not to use me. Good times. Client and family happy and has sent family/friends to me.

Michael Carson
    Inspect It Right Home Inspections L.L.C.
    www.inspectitrighthomeinspection.com

william siegel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carson View Post
    I called out a roof lately, there were the standard curling/damaged/missing shingles, holes in some of them, patching etc. Upset buyer/client calls me to tell me that a "roofer" came out and said that it was good for 5 years and repair/replacement was not needed. Client tells me that she is looking at my pictures with holes, damage etc and can't believe it. I told her to have the "roofer" write on his/her letterhead stating that is is good for another 5 years. Roof was replaced the next week. Broker and listing agent upset, removed my brochures from office and is telling everyone not to use me. Good times. Client and family happy and has sent family/friends to me.
    Just another example of a Realtor who who only wants the commission and does not care about the clients. You out to sue her for libel