Thread: ???

Default ???

Hey guys. I am just wondering if anyone else has slown down on business in the last 2-3 weeks. I was doing crazy amounts ( for me at least) and it just stopped. Just trying to wrap my head around it. Thanks.

Member Benefits1
    E.D.S
    Home Inspections
    Lic.#450.010534

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: ???

WAGs,Timing of final property tax bills being released. No more guessing how "big" they were going to be. Tightening credit interest rates down again. End of fiscal year for state and the closing and deadlines for incentive programs.Storms and related damage events - including localized flooding following long drought period.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
    Hey guys. I am just wondering if anyone else has slown down on business in the last 2-3 weeks. I was doing crazy amounts ( for me at least) and it just stopped. Just trying to wrap my head around it. Thanks.
    Same thing, same time, year after year.
    School started.
    No time to look at houses for awhile.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Same thing, same time, year after year.
    School started.
    No time to look at houses for awhile.
    Ditto. It slows down this time every year for me. Just about the time people start shopping for back-to-school.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

still rocking here in colorado--my golf game is suffering--pray for phone not to ring--guess i better shut up or it will--booked out week an 1/2

cvf

All the brokers and lawyers are on vacation. same as every year.
    All your inspection reports from the past two or three weeks are sitting on some lawyers desk collecting dust.
    Be happy. the madness will return shortly.
    Go out and pretend you have a normal life for a few days

Pretty normal for it to slow when school starts. Normal slow times are back to school, Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays, Jan to Feb and for some reason the month of July for me.

Business is still good in my area. I'm happy with my 5 to 8 inspections a week.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

John Remark Guest

Some economists have stated that because the beginning of the year was so warm, many colder climate areas had increased home purchases. These are people that would have bought later in the year anyways. No new, just the same spread out over an additional couple of months.

I know I saw an uptick in claims/suits much earlier in the year. I normally see the claims uptick at the end of August through the beginning of October. This is because we generally see claims occur 4-6 months after the move in of the clients. I saw them in July and August this year (and they have died down in the last couple of weeks (knock on wood))

Enjoy the respite, You should have a good fall (at least all signs are pointing that way IMHO).