Default Gas valve shut off

Hello Everybody,

Looking for thoughts on the following issue based on the 2006 IRC, chapter 24 fuel gas.

At a fireplace (indoor or outdoor) or at an outdoor fire-pit that is equipped with a natural gas line for the purposes of a log-lighter, would you consider the keyed-log lighter valve (such as a Sioux Chief 952 or 954) as the equipment shut off valve or main burner control as defined in chapter 24?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. This is not HI related.

This is a duplicate thread, also posted in HVAC. Sorry.

Thanks,
    Corey

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Gas valve shut off

See Attached specification sheet for the products you inquired about. Per specification sheet minimum temp 32 F doesn't appear appropriate for an outdoor firepit in the Chicago area. See Chicgo Codes if in City Limits, or outside Chicago see Ill Plumbing Code, local ammendments & NFPA 54 default state wide &/or local jurisdiction Home Rule adoptions, County ordinances or 2005 IRC default (IIRC, didn't check for more recent state activity) for ILLINOIS.

An ANSI Z21.15 Appliance Shutoff Valve, manual Application up to 1/2 psig pressure. Is what the attached specification sheet indicates, and what is referenced in the 2009 IRC Chapter 24, at G2420.1, T2420.1 & G2420.5.

Per G2420.1 & 2420.5 IRC (2009) go to (clickable link) and scroll to bottom of page to display the referenced section of "the code" you envoked: Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

HTH.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Gas valve shut off

Sorry I was tired, I linked and referenced from 2009 IRC, misread 2006 (blurry eyes). Both indoors, neither outdoors.

2006 Log Lighters G2433 depending on mfg instructions re flow control & CSA8
    Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas

And as appliance shut-off :Chapter 24 - Fuel Gas