R C Smith Guest

Default List of Field Service Companies?

Does anyone have a link to a listing of National or Regional Field Service and Inspection Companies? (Preferably with Reviews) I have found
    such listings to be very helpful in obtaining work over the internet.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: List of Field Service Companies?

Quote Originally Posted by R C Smith View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a listing of National or Regional Field Service and Inspection Companies? (Preferably with Reviews) I have found
    such listings to be very helpful in obtaining work over the internet.
    Would you provide the list of the ones you already have? Thank you.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

R C Smith Guest

All I have now are Midwest, NCCI, Mueller-Services, and Cocamar. I think these are all already mentioned on this website.
    I am also a professional Mortgage Loan Closer (The guy who shows up at your house when you use an internet mortgage loan company such as Quicken or Lending Tree). There are extensive lists of companies hiring qualified people for this type of work available online, so I assumed that the same type of list would be available here!

Check the site at Home - Society of Field Inspectors ... SOFI.

I have done some work for a couple of the companies that you list and a handful of others that are listed at the SOFI site. I have to say that in the past two years or so that many of these have cut the pay rate for "field inspections" and "property observation reports" and the like considerably.

When the rates started being cut I just about stopped doing any of this work. I still do a limited amount for Trinity, Midwest and RSI, but only when they can't get anyone else to do the inspections and they are more willing to pay my rates.

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

I don't want to sound like my nose is too high but my caliber of work is beyond what those companies are known for. I work on my own so I can avoid such association. It's my belief that these companies spend little (no) effort screening contractors and I really have no interest in that.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

R C Smith Guest

I am simply asking if anyone has a list of Field Inspection Companies, I am not asking for editorials regarding who does "real" inspections, and who does not. There are plenty of threads here for that argument.
    In case anyone has not noticed, the economy is in the crapper, and we do not all live in developed suburban and urban areas where there is any real work.
    Having started and run three businesses since 1982, I know how to make money, and I think that should be our focus. Even the crappiest Inspection Companies can be profitable if you have the guts to simply tell 'em what they have to pay you if they need the work performed. They'll either pay me or hit the pike, I really don't care . . . I'm a big kid and can decide for myself if a particular company is or is not worth working for.
    So, I'll politely ask again: Does anyone have a link to a List of Field Service Companies?

Quote Originally Posted by R C Smith View Post
    I am simply asking if anyone has a list of Field Inspection Companies, I am not asking for editorials regarding who does "real" inspections, and who does not. There are plenty of threads here for that argument.
    In case anyone has not noticed, the economy is in the crapper, and we do not all live in developed suburban and urban areas where there is any real work.
    Having started and run three businesses since 1982, I know how to make money, and I think that should be our focus. Even the crappiest Inspection Companies can be profitable if you have the guts to simply tell 'em what they have to pay you if they need the work performed. They'll either pay me or hit the pike, I really don't care . . . I'm a big kid and can decide for myself if a particular company is or is not worth working for.
    So, I'll politely ask again: Does anyone have a link to a List of Field Service Companies?
    Sir or Madam.
    You obviously had some question about who to contact for this type work. That would seem to infer that you may not have had a lot of previous experience with some of these companies. Maybe the replies that you received were not what you had hoped for, but as a "big kid" you should be used to not getting your way each time that you ask, or in this case demand, something.

You asked a question, several replies were made, seemingly none to your liking, at which point you decided that it was time for you to have a little temper tantrum. Perhaps you did not notice that this is an open discussion forum? In this forum even a seemingly simple question can generate numerous responses, and more often than not, some heated debate. The members here are helpful, open and honest and will try to assist in any way possible. But by the same token many posters are stubborn and opinionated. When you ask a question here you often get far more than you asked or bargained for.

Again,from your original post it was inferred that you had not dealt with many of the firms that you are asking for contact information on. Posters, myself included, interjected our thoughts on the pay scales of some of these firms. We were willing to share some information that we had paid to learn in the past. You are left to make your own decisions on your business model. This subject comes up on a regular basis, a search of previous posts may be helpful.

I see that no list of firms has been posted, and I have no list to share with you. I have never actively marketed my services to any firms doing this type work, they have all found me through my website or from postings to forums such as this one. I did share with you a site where you can have your information listed and these firms will contact you. The SOFI site is all the information that I have that could possibly lead you to some of these firms.
    Sorry that you felt slighted by the responses that were posted. If you are planning to visit this site and make frequent posts you will need to realize that a thick skin is often needed here.

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

The thread's getting a little old but we've done work for Trinity, Spectrum, CIS, and a few others whose names I can't remember. Unlike Eric, I have 6 other hungry little inspector mouths to feed and I can't afford to turn my nose up at work!

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL

Coming late to this discussion but I agree that the SOFI directory is the most comprehensive list of field inspection companies around. I've purchased lists from other vendors, but none have come close. In fact, that's why we include it with the Field Rep 101 training. Richard Law, the SOFI founder, also provides a huge library of online resources with your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cullen View Post
    The thread's getting a little old but we've done work for Trinity, Spectrum, CIS, and a few others whose names I can't remember. Unlike Eric, I have 6 other hungry little inspector mouths to feed and I can't afford to turn my nose up at work!

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Chief Mentor
    FieldRep101.com
    626-642-8361