Thread: NAARPI

Default NAARPI

Anyone heard of this organization? Good or bad. They do rental property, REO, BOP and BPO inspections. Any input would be appreciated.

Inspection Referral

Default Re: NAARPI

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Helsing View Post
    Anyone heard of this organization? Good or bad. They do rental property, REO, BOP and BPO inspections. Any input would be appreciated.

Do they work with Barney or the Wiggles? Naarpi !!

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Seems to be another seller of titles for marketing.
    Master This, Certified That, Professional Association of Whatever.

Quick look and it sounds like any other Home Inspection Org.
    Just exploiting specific marketing names to achieve increased hits on Google search and some hype.

Bill Lawson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Seems to be another seller of titles for marketing.
    Master This, Certified That, Professional Association of Whatever.

Quick look and it sounds like any other Home Inspection Org.
    Just exploiting specific marketing names to achieve increased hits on Google search and some hype.
    Does anyone here do field inspections for rental property, reo, foreclosures etc?

Surprise Surprise
    Looks like it is modeled after Nachi
    Nachi may even have something to do with it

NAARPIAPPLICATION

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Robert Edwards Guest

Smile Re: NAARPI

They are not associated with NACHI whatsoever; their focus has nothing to do with typical Home Inspections… i.e. pre-listing, listing, selling. NAARPI is focused on REO, BPO,RENTAL, Collateral etc i.e. making money.

I am making more money in property preservation and performing REO inspections then I ever made as a professional licensed inspector. Good luck and keep on posting, I have inspections to do….
    Yes they only pay 30 to 115 dollars but I am working and they PAY.

Last edited by Robert Edwards; 09-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Jim Spears Guest

Thank you Robert for sending me this link.

I am NAARPI certified and my focus is on property preservations, this is typically an area“professional” HOME inspectors no nothing about. It appears you do not know the difference between the different types of Property Inspection… there is more to inspecting then just working for the buyer or seller or in some cases the realtor.

Home many of you “Professionals Inspectors” have performed one of the following:

1. Pre listing,

2. Listing

3. Selling

4. Drive by

5. Pre Agreement

6. Move in

7. Move out

8. Maintenance verification

9. Collateral

10. Leasing

11. Insurance

12. Occupancy

13. Periodic

If you only know about the top 3 chances are you are trapped in a bubble and never heard of NAARPI, SOFI, FEMA, HUD, PITI, AFTI,

Good luck in life……but turn the light on in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Spears View Post
    Thank you Robert for sending me this link.

If you only know about the top 3 chances are you are trapped in a bubble and never heard of NAARPI, SOFI, FEMA, HUD, PITI, AFTI,

Good luck in life……but turn the light on in the closet.
    Dang,..It sure looks like another gromicko instant on-line certificiation.
    I never heard of this company.Must be one of the inspectors that's trapped in a bubble

After being invited to turn my closet light on, I also found this on the application page,
    Please use this secure online form to apply for membership in NAARPI. (PLEASE) PULL UP
    https://www.nachi.org/applications THIS is the kind of form we want here.....

Not associated with nach0 ??? .The appliciation states you send $365.00 to nacho. Take nachos on-line quiz, send nacho 4 sample inspection reports and all of the nacho non -verified requirements to be an instant certified inspector
    . Me thinks the duck theory applies to that claim

Last edited by Dan Harris; 09-11-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

The only one out of that list I haven't done is #9 Collateral. Don't even know what that would be.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    The only one out of that list I haven't done is #9 Collateral. Don't even know what that would be.
    That is were you go and verify serial numbers or other assets to make sure that they are still on the site or under lock and key. Popular with car dealers, motorcycle dealerships and things like that.

I've done most of them as well, but I discovered them by myself looking to support my business when I was starting out 18 years ago. I never depended on my professional organization to provide the ideas or contacts for me. I would think that any good business person could and would do the same.. Just smart business to branch out and put your eggs in many baskets instead of just one or two.

Heck, I'm one of the few inspectors in my area that is doing draw inspections (commercial and residential) and just this year to date that part of my company is sitting at around $35K. Not bad for chump change inspections as some inspectors call it! I use this type of work as filler work, this type of work fills in the empty time slots throughout the week.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 09-11-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Edwards View Post
    They are not associated with NACHI whatsoever; their focus has nothing to do with typical Home Inspections… i.e. pre-listing, listing, selling. NAARPI is focused on REO, BPO,RENTAL, Collateral etc i.e. making money.

I am making more money in property preservation and performing REO inspections then I ever made as a professional licensed inspector. Good luck and keep on posting, I have inspections to do….
    Yes they only pay 30 to 115 dollars but I am working and they PAY.
    Sorry you could not make it with the home inspections, if you give it enough time they really do pay off better than any of the other types of inspection work you can do.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Rob Phillips Guest

Good evening Erick,

NAARPI is a good organization if your focus is on Field Inspections (REO, BPO and Insurance type of Inspections), I first learned of them thru NARPM the National Association of Rental Property Managers.
    Recently their course was approved by TREC/TAR for MCE credit, as well it is under review by several other states. Not sure what your back ground is however if you are wanting to become a Field Inspector NAARPI is a great choice, if you are wanting to become a home inspector you might want to look into getting a lot of additional training. There are several organization out there for you to choose from too many to list here.

Much success in life

jim

i do prelisting inspections--the rest sounds like just what you said

DRIVE BYS if people pay for that wtf--how do you market that--best driveby inspector in state--never heard of most of those whatever things

happy and proud to be a certified home inspector--averaging $80k a year all in a one inspection a day--so i can play golf in the afternoon

cvf