Default The Examining Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) Role Delineation Study

Inspection Referral

Default Re: The Examining Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) Role Delineation Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Randy White View Post
    Just got this survey request. Anyone else? Is it good or a waste of time?
    HI Randy and all other inspectors,

Yes it is legit and very important to fill this out honestly....

This study is done about every 5 years by EBPHI. It is a study of the profession and basically is a blueprint of what the typical home inspector does during an inspection or needs to be aware of to perform an inspection properly.

It is also used to help formulate the specific domain questions on the NHIE and this is the only home inspector exam that does a role delineation study to maintain the validity of their exam. It is an extremely costly process but it is required to have a psychometrically valid exam such as the NHIE.

As many of you might know, I served for 6 years on the EBPHI board of directors and if you have any questions about this survey please contact me via this website, email or phone.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: The Examining Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) Role Delineation Stud

I got one too. Thanks for the info Scott. I will take the time to respond to it.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Scott,
    Thanks for the info i will take the time to fill it out. One of these days I liked to meet and say Hi. I have been hanging around this site for almost 4 years and have pickep up a lot of valuable info here. Thanks to all for that. On a side note I dont know about the rest but Aug has been a record setting month in bussinees hope the rest of you are doing good.

Scott,
    Thanks for the reply, I did a little research and it looked legit. But I am glad you confirmed.

Don Hester
    NCW Home Inspections, LLC
    Wa. St. Licensed H I #647, WSDA #80050, http://www.ncwhomeinspections.com

Completed my survey. Do I get a gold star?

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Ramsey View Post
    Completed my survey. Do I get a gold star?
    Yes you do!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jim Funkhouser Guest

Randy,

You and everyone receiving the NHIE survey should take the time to give us your thoughts. The National Home Inspector Exam must always be up to date with what inspectors are ACTUALLY Doing. The exam is not something that is drummed-up in some cubicle by a company...it is run by fellow inspectors and we need EVERYONE's input across the US and Canada to tell us what they do and what they think and any other insights everyone can offer. The exam is be fair but must alway's be dead-on accurate and we can't be as accurate as we need to be if you and everyone else does not tell us what you do everyday.

Please take time to fill out the survey. You will help EBPHI protect the public by weeding-out those who are not qualified to hold themselves out as home inspectors and will keep your having passed the exam that much more meaningful.

Jim Funkhouser
    Director, EBPHI
    Fairfax Home Inspections, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Funkhouser View Post
    Randy,

You and everyone receiving the NHIE survey should take the time to give us your thoughts. The National Home Inspector Exam must always be up to date with what inspectors are ACTUALLY Doing. The exam is not something that is drummed-up in some cubicle by a company...it is run by fellow inspectors and we need EVERYONE's input across the US and Canada to tell us what they do and what they think and any other insights everyone can offer. The exam is be fair but must alway's be dead-on accurate and we can't be as accurate as we need to be if you and everyone else does not tell us what you do everyday.

Please take time to fill out the survey. You will help EBPHI protect the public by weeding-out those who are not qualified to hold themselves out as home inspectors and will keep your having passed the exam that much more meaningful.

Jim Funkhouser
    Director, EBPHI
    How are the recipients of the survey form requested determined?

Jim Funkhouser Guest

Joseph,

The answer is from everywhere we could find. We reached out to licensing states, home inspector membership organizations and vendors such as Professional Equipment. Not all of these responded to our request but we ended up with a total list of about 7,500 email addresses. Out of that experience tells us that we'll have a response rate of a fraction of that number. That's why I wanted to urge everyone to fill out the survey so we can get a larger response. The responses will be sorted and weighted by the statiticians and psychometricians at Castle Worldwide to a proportional geographical representation of home inspectors and their opinions of the tasks they perform. Say that 5 times real fast.

Jim Funkhouser
    Director, EBPHI

I've found since joining this site recently that there is a huge difference in how people do inspections, or at least in how much some resemble code inspections (compared to mine). I must not be on any of your lists, but I'd be happy to add my 2-cents worth if I received it.

alleganyinspection@gmail.com

Mark Fisher
    Allegany Inspection Service - Cumberland MD 21502 - 301-722-2224
    Home Inspections, Mold Testing, Thermal Imaging

All filed out and submitted.

Jim Funkhouser Guest

OK. To all who did not receive a National Home Inspector Examination RDS Survey, I need the following:

1. Your Full Name.
    2. Your Company Name
    3. Your Email Address ( MOST IMPORTANT)

All surveys must be submited by midnight September 16, 2012. If you send me the aforementioned information, I will forward your info to Castle Worldwide and they will send you a survey. I will only accept requests through Sunday Septmenber 9th to acount for the delay between my sending the request and Castle being able to get the surveys sent out in a timely fashion. Also, you must fill out the survey as soon as you get it. Send your requests to: JFUNKHOUSR@aol.com. Thank you all for your interest and participation in this important project.

Jim Funkhouser
    Director, EBPHI