Lynn Petrie Guest

Default Electrical panel bonded ?

Could someone explain to me in certain terms when someone asks is the electrical panel bonded ? What do you look for ? Any pictures would help

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Electrical panel bonded ?

The panel enclosure, the metal box itself, needs to be bonded to ground so that it cannot become energized by a loose wire, for instance, and become a shock hazard for the next person who touches it. You are looking for a green screw in the grounding bar that screws into the back of the enclosure, or a copper connector from the ground bar that screws into the enclosure, and I'm probably forgetting some other things. I'll look for photos.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

I said copper connector, but it could be aluminum like this one. Obviously, this isn't connected to the bar yet.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Also, try searching the board for "bond screw" , or "panel bond", etc., (probably without the quotes) and you'll find more info and photos.