David Banks Guest

Default Newport Mansions

Day trip to Newport RI. They have Cliff walk on the Ocean that's the backyard to many mansions built around the turn of the century for the Vanderbilt's, Astor's etc. Thought I would share a few pics. How long to inspect one of these?
    The Mansions - Newport Mansions

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Jim McClendon Guest

Default Re: Newport Mansions

Great memories David. I spent the better part of last summer stomping around the island. We really enjoyed the mansions,the boats,the bars, the food etc. Those pictures remind me how nice the weather can be up there this time of year.

David Banks Guest

Beautiful day in Newport Jim. 75 Degrees with light ocean breeze.
    Did you eat at the Cook House or Brick Alley pub?
    Also the Boat show was this weekend. they extended the docks and you could walk to all the new boats sitting in the harbor. Fun dreaming.

I've been to the east coast only once for about a week.... about 15 years ago so forgive me if I butcher the geography... I stayed in Newton, Mass. and we drove to Rhode Island and checked out houses along the way.

Coming from the west coast those places still stick out in my mind with their size and 'history.' We just don't have anything like that out here. There was one in particular that I think was called the 'Breaker's' mansion. Is there such a place? I don't know how that even came to me.... I may be way off.

Those pictures are great... I need to get out there again sometime....

David Banks Guest

Matt yes the Breakers is the big attraction. If you click on the link on my original post it is included. I believe one of the first 2 pics is the breakers but I was on the ocean walk and not on the street side so no identification.
    I live about 15 minutes from Newton. If you had bought a house back then in Newton you would be a millionaire now!