Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Anybody Receiving a Lot of Sales Calls Lately?

OREP Insurance
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: Anybody Receiving a Lot of Sales Calls Lately?

I get 2-3 EVERY Monday, then 1-2 other days.
    Many times from the same computer.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Not as many calls as I get spam email...which is just as bad as my phone vibrates either way...

Matt Kiefer, Columbus Advanced Inspections
    Home Inspection Columbus Ohio
    Radon Testing Columbus Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    This always seems to coincide with a slowdown in business. I received three sales calls today alone. Anybody else getting pestered too?
    Every day some one calls wanting to increase my web status, health insurance sales crap, local bone cracker that thinks I need him, people that think I have $s to invest in their gimmicks, people that think I believe they can cut my electric bill in 1/2 .or .mold companies that want me to be a part of their scam.
    70% of the others I cannot even understand and don't have a clue of what they are trying to peddle.

The other ones that I can understand and ask for the owner, or office manage , I either hang up on , or tell them he died.
    Currently I have 32 numbers that are listed on my phone as spam and the same ones stiil keep trying even after I told then to remove me from their list

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Three in a day? That's a slow day..... I've had 3 in 15 mins

It goes in waves.... I can get 10-12 in a day and then nothing for days.

Yep, I get several a day... If I'm driving or have nothing to do and I'm feeling down ( hey could be a tag line for a country song!) I will play with them. The ones that ask you to hold and a representative will be with you are the best. I was told by a person who use to be one of those representatives that if they do not close the sale when they get a call they get into trouble...

So I get them on the line let them spend a few minutes giving me the sales pitch. I then set the hook and ask them to repeat what they just said because the workers were being too loud. Sometimes they hangup but most of the time they do it.. So on the second go round I ask them to hang on a second that I have to check with the agent. About 5 seconds later I tell them that the IRS did not allow me to accept calls like this with out clearing it with the prison information department. END OF CALL>>>

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Those that I actually talk with I ask them questions about the house they are calling to have inspected.

That usually catches them off guard and they start to stammer and I reply that if they are calling my number they must be wanting a house inspected and that I need to know details about the house before I can provide them a quote.

They continue to stammer.

I typically close with a very vocal statement that they have no business calling my number unless they want the new house they are buying inspected.

The hangup at that point is either by them or me.

It's over ... and I feel pretty good about it !!!

I bought this app a year ago. I love it.

Call Text Blocking App, Reverse Lookup, Caller ID | PrivacyStar

I don't remember exactly what the cost, but I did the free trial and then kept declining the offer until I paid $19.99 (I think - I'm sure it wasn't more than this - could've been $12.99)

Anyway, when the phone rings it tries to identify the caller. If it says wireless caller, it's usually an inspection. If it says a city in another state like CA, MA or OR, then it's usually spam. I'll let those go to voice mail - they usually don't.

I sometimes call the number back if I'm unsure and when I discover it's spam, the app has a feature that allows you to block calls from that number. Very handy for those annoying ones that keep calling.

When it blocks one, the phone will begin to ring then suddenly choke off. Nice.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    This always seems to coincide with a slowdown in business. I received three sales calls today alone. Anybody else getting pestered too?
    Only being pestered by Clients....
    With the many calls Friday between 10 AM and 1 PM...
    I am booked (2-3 per day) thru the 18th of this month...

Your market may vary....

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hagarty View Post
    I am booked (2-3 per day) thru the 18th of this month...

Your market may vary....
    Around here (Florida) the inspection window in the typical sales contract is typically 5 days. That's the length of time I'm usually booked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Around here (Florida) the inspection window in the typical sales contract is typically 5 days. That's the length of time I'm usually booked out.
    Residential with Well H20 & Septic need 10 - 15 day contingency just for Lab Results...

Commercial....
    always more time....

Our techs carry cell phones that recieve rollovers from our landlines. Customers get a live person not voice mail. They are instructed to tell the telemarkerter to hold on and then press 9 so the telemarketer hears it beep. Then thay say go ahead but speak clearly and we will send the recording to the office at the end of the day. 100% nof these people hang up when they hear that....

Our techs carry cell phones that recieve rollovers from our landlines. Customers get a live person not voice mail. They are instructed to tell the telemarkerter to hold on and then press 9 so the telemarketer hears it beep. Then thay say go ahead but speak clearly and we will send the recording to the office at the end of the day. 100% nof these people hang up when they hear that....

Someone keeps calling me and asking me to buy their book and review it??

joseph

there are only 17000 people in west chester and 1700 homes--is everyone moving--but maybe you are the only inspector there--are you on a ten day hot streak--how many inspections have you done this month--year ?--24 in a week per houses available--wow--good for you--is this typical-

cvf

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Skalski View Post
    Someone keeps calling me and asking me to buy their book and review it??

Now that's funny...

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post

there are only 17000 people in west chester and 1700 homes--is everyone moving--
    ??
    West Chester is not rural. It is between Philadelphia PA and Wilmington DE
    within a 20 mile radius
    ... there are between 750,000 and 1,000,000 Owner Occupied Homes
    on average right now, between 1500 and 3000 homes per month go to closing.
    Down from the years 2000 to 2005....