Joseph Hartz Guest

Default Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan

Construction projects one acre or larger must be covered by a federal clean water act storm water permit. This has been in effect as of March 10 2003. How many of us are familar with the inspections and certifications that go along with this. Are you finding this to be a source of business?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan

Joseph H.,

Not in my area. I have seen the State get involved with court cases and fines on perceived
    violations.

It would not be something within my scope for review as a Home Inspector.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

M Kelekci Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hartz View Post
    Construction projects one acre or larger must be covered by a federal clean water act storm water permit. This has been in effect as of March 10 2003. How many of us are familar with the inspections and certifications that go along with this. Are you finding this to be a source of business?

In Texas SWPPP is controlled by TCEQ. Every contractor must comply with the rules and regulations of this agency. I am not aware of any opportunity in this field that public including home inspectors can make any money unless one is in the business of installing silt fences.

Joe,

These types of inspections are not done by HI's but require specialized certifications.

You might try the site below for more information.

CPESC, Inc. - Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) and Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ)

Last edited by Rick Hurst; 09-21-2007 at 06:52 AM.

There are at least 50 HI in Florida with that certification.

FABI had the state come in and put on their two day seminar and then the test. I know a few others who took that course and got their certification prior to FABI having the state come to a meeting.

I had planned on going previously to that FABI meeting, buy my company scheduled me elsewhere on the days I had registered for the class.

I had planned on going to the FABI meeting when the class was given, but, being as I was working sick that whole week (up to a 103 temp.), I spent the weekend at home recovering.

I'm debating on if I will reschedule - seems that the forces of nature are against me for that. But I might.

I heard it is VERY interesting, you learn a lot, and you can apply what you learn, backed by that certification, to offer another service (if you are so inclined - and I would think many would be in this market).

The Florida course covered mostly the Federal guidelines as they are basically the same.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Joseph Hartz Guest

Thanks