Jeffrey Fanger Guest

Default Blackened copper piping.

Hello All,

I need some input on today's inspection. Region is north east Indiana. My issue is the Hot water line coming from the water heater is blackened as far as I can see the piping that goes into the joist cavity. The room is approximately 6x10 unfinished and shares it with the furnace, grinder and sump pump, located in the basement with a dehumidifier (Temp 72 degrees - humidity 40-50% or so. The Cold water line is clean, both are dry. The pipe has a light film of black substance that came off on my glove. No apparent updates to the plumbing, seems all original (2006).

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Blackened copper piping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Fanger View Post
    Hello All,

I need some input on today's inspection. Region is north east Indiana. My issue is the Hot water line coming from the water heater is blackened as far as I can see the piping that goes into the joist cavity. The room is approximately 6x10 unfinished and shares it with the furnace, grinder and sump pump, located in the basement with a dehumidifier (Temp 72 degrees - humidity 40-50% or so. The Cold water line is clean, both are dry. The pipe has a light film of black substance that came off on my glove. No apparent updates to the plumbing, seems all original (2006).

Thanks in advance!
    Jeff
    My SWAG is the line has continuous voltage running through it.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.