Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Back-to-School Lull

Anybody else going through this right now? I know it happens every year but at least this time I'm getting some stuff done around the house.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Eric Shuman Guest

Default Re: Back-to-School Lull

Was that my phone ringing?

Nope, dang it, just the school bell down the street.

Been slower than usual for two weeks around here. At least I get to catch up on the posts here.

don't worry Nick.
    Mommy will be shopping again shortly.
    I am sure they are all shaking like a junkie without a fix after a few weeks without looking at Kohler fixtures, and creaming over the brand new kitchen they will be remodeling.

It's still echoing in my ears.
    " do you think their going to fix that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Anybody else going through this right now? I know it happens every year but at least this time I'm getting some stuff done around the house.
    Same thing here. Last of August through most of September. I've had a lot of price shoppers and got to have it NOW procrastinators. My wife and I went to the beach for a few days the end of last week. The phone started ringing as we were driving down to OBX. "Sorry, I'm booked until Monday the 17th." It was a great 4-day break.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Say what? I fell asleep with my head on my desk.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

It's been crazy for me . Last 3 weeks I started out with 0 -1 and 2 for the week, then got 5 or 6 calls on a mon or tue. phones then quiet until thur or fri .
    Wife thinks cool. here's your list of honey do's for the week.
    By the end of the week I am ending up with 8 or 9, no honey do's completed, and no time to order and read nathans book

Last edited by Dan Harris; 09-19-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    It's been crazy for me . Last 3 weeks I started out with 0 -1 and 2 for the week, then got 5 or 6 calls on a mon or tue. phones then quiet until thur or fri .
    Wife thinks cool. here's your list of honey do's for the week.
    By the end of the week I am ending up with 8 or 9, no honey do's completed, and no time to order and read nathans book
    Been a little slow here in mfd. homes in So. Cal. six this week. My homes in escrow so I have a little time to get ready for the "inspector". Seems I get my honey do list finished and there's a new one. My new home's in escrow so I'll have to go over and do the inspection there.

Expert Mobile & Manufactured Home Inspections O.C. & San Diego Co.

We've seen a drop-off from the summer (which was fantastic, btw)..... it's still decent and seems to be picking up. Lots of calls, scheduled jobs, cancellations, re-schedules, etc., etc.

I come home some days feeling like I spent the whole day on the phone only to have the same number of jobs I left the house with.

dave koloskee Guest

Question Re: Back-to-School Lull

Unusually slow this month. Likely to be my slowest Sept since I opened in 2005. Not exactly sure why, but like others have said it is a good time to catch up.

still busy here--every month is busier then the last for the last three years--looking for that two week golf vacation in december

cvf

Apparently the kiddos are back in school 'cause it is busy as all-get-out!

END GLOBAL WHINING