Thread: Shower doors

Default Shower doors

I got the rolling eyes look from the realtor the other day when I wrote up a loose shower door handle, because the handle screws were banging on the glass due the plactic bushings missing on the holes drilled thru the door for the handle.

Maybe I should send her this link
    AOL.com Video - Home Bathroom Dangers

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: Shower doors

Brand new high end apartment on the waterfront, the glass shower door strikes a granite counter top. I called for a rubber bumper. It's no deal-killer. The realtor agreed it was not cool, but an easy fix. I'll never know if the builder rolled his eyes, but it was on his to-do list.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I got the rolling eyes look from the realtor the other day when I wrote up a loose shower door handle, because the handle screws were banging on the glass due the plactic bushings missing on the holes drilled thru the door for the handle.

Maybe I should send her this link
    AOL.com Video - Home Bathroom Dangers
    Send it to her and to your client.

I have written that up as well...and I get plenty of eye rolls during the course of a week..

Matt Kiefer, Columbus Advanced Inspections
    Home Inspection Columbus Ohio
    Radon Testing Columbus Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kiefer View Post
    I have written that up as well...and I get plenty of eye rolls during the course of a week..
    Don't worry about the realtors eyes rolling. Remember who you're working for (who's writing the check). Keep you're clients safety and best interest in mind always. I use this comment before giving some of these sorts of issues "I may be being a little bit picky here but...". This usually gets the client to say "that's why I hired you".

Expert Mobile & Manufactured Home Inspections O.C. & San Diego Co.

One of my most hilarious moments happened several years ago in a "flipper" house. The sliding shower door had a loose clamp at the upper roller. The flipper was there and was bitching because I was writing up a "minor" repair. He said "if I fix it while you are here does it need to go in the report?" I told him go for it. Needless to say, I ended up writing up a shattered shower door. It was kind of satisfying when I heard the sound

END GLOBAL WHINING