Thread: a/c disconnect

Martin lehman Guest

Default a/c disconnect

Inspected a unit today and the disconnect was an actual switch - like a light switch.
    I really don't see how this could be OK. It's too easy for the switch to restore power to the unit. If the tech were to accidentally hit the switch it would restore power in an instant.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: a/c disconnect

Martin,

Was this "switch" located on the outside condensing unit or at the inside HVAC equipment?

Tim Moreira Guest

I have seen where a "light switch" type was used as a disconnect, but it would have to be rated for the correct amps.

Also, if it was on the exterior, then it should have a spring loaded cover plate that you have to open to access and it would close automatically. This would ensure that it could not be bumped accidentally.

Martin lehman Guest

The switch was located at the condensor outside. It did have a spring loaded cover and was rated for exterior use.
    I'm still gonna call it out. It just does not seem safe to me, even if it has a spring loaded cover .

BTW, Tim how did you get the text on your signature to link to your website? As you can see I obviously cannot do it.

Tim Moreira Guest

Martin,

When the new board came on line and I wanted to re-create my signature like it was on the old board I found out that I hadn't had a clue to how I did it before.

So with that being said, I did the next best thing and went to one of Brian's archived posts that brings you back to the old board.

Go to the InspectionNews at the top left of the page and click on it. Then scroll down till you find one of Brian's threads on the right hand side that says ******archived posts. (******are the number of previous posts on that site) click on it and then click on the archived posts under Brian's picture. It will take you back to the old board.

Once there, I found an old post of mine and clicked on the edit button next to the profile, email, and edit button next to my name on that post.

This shows you all of the computer geek code programming. I then scrolled down and did a copy/paste to my signature on the new board under the "User CP" tab and walla....the link to my web page is back just like it was on the old board.

Here is my link with an additional space at the very end so the board doesn't recognize it and make it another link:

[url=http://www.Suncoasthomeinspector. com]

I added the space after the "dot" and before the "com". Retype yours exactly like this without the space between the dot and com and you should be able to create a link to your homepage.

HTH

Last edited by Tim Moreira; 04-03-2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: speeling

Tim Moreira Guest

Try that, if not ask Brian to help. I just tried entering you info but it may have been incorrect as to your web page.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin lehman View Post
    BTW, Tim how did you get the text on your signature to link to your website?
    Hi Martin,

Go here:
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...?do=bbcode#url

and look at the line that says "URL Hyperlinking". It should be at the top of your screen. Please let me know if you have any trouble.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews