Maxim Senishin Guest

Default Cutler Hammer GFXBB130B2

Hello guys, I have a problem, we have Cutler Hammer GFXBB130B2 circuit breaker (early they were made by westinghton) and at the moment when we requested information from Eaton about this breakers they didnt answer, do you have some information about who produces them right now? The Internet offers a lot, but we have to buy it from an authorized manufacturer. thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Cutler Hammer GFXBB130B2

Eaton bought Westinghouse in 1994.

WESTINGHOUSE GFXBB130B2 1POLE 30AMP 240VAC *NIB* | eBay

Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

Maxim Senishin Guest

Yes, I know that Eaton bought Westinghouse and then started to produce circuit breaker GFXBB130B2 with Cutler Hammer brand. But right now I need to buy this circuit breaker from official distributor (not ebay or etc). Who produces this circuit breaker right now this is the question!

Did you try searching for a wholesaler on Eaton's site?

How to Buy Electrical Products and Services

Then click on Residential Wholesale Distributors and put in the city nearest you, or New York, NY.

Texas Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    Did you try searching for a wholesaler on Eaton's site?

How to Buy Electrical Products and Services

Then click on Residential Wholesale Distributors and put in the city nearest you, or New York, NY.
    He is in Russia, presumably the country, not Russia, NY, NJ, OH, etc ... I could be wrong???

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    He is in Russia, presumably the country, not Russia, NY, NJ, OH, etc ... I could be wrong???
    Yes, he is plainly claiming to be located in Russia. I, however, have no knowledge of Eaton having a wholesaler in Russia, nor does their site have any info to that effect. So, I sent him to the only search engine readily available for Eaton-manufactured breakers of the type in questions. If he wants to locate a source in Russia, then he should contact the wholesalers here to see if they are aware of one or if they can ship to him for a reasonable cost. An, all of this because Eaton is not responsive to inquiries about their products. Big surprise.

Texas Inspector

Yes, he is plainly claiming to be located in Russia. I, however, have no knowledge of Eaton having a wholesaler in Russia, nor does their site have any info to that effect. So, I sent him to the only search engine readily available for Eaton-manufactured breakers of the type in questions. If he wants to locate a source in Russia, then he should contact the wholesalers here to see if they are aware of one or if they can ship to him for a reasonable cost. An, all of this because Eaton is not responsive to inquiries about their products. Big surprise.
    Maybe a fat letter from an attorney seeking unspecified damages for some unspecified incident may awaken them, and at the end of the letter is an offer to settle if they provide the information being sought.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Maxim Senishin Guest

Eaton has web in Russia (www.eaton.ru) but the problem is that they offer moeller circuit breakers instead of Cutler Hammer GFXBB130B2. In internet there are a lot of offers of Cutler Hammer breakers and I dont understand this situation (why eaton offers moeller instead of CH?? or maybe china is the manufacturer of this "cutler hummer"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Maybe a fat letter from an attorney seeking unspecified damages for some unspecified incident may awaken them, and at the end of the letter is an offer to settle if they provide the information being sought.
    Good idea.

Texas Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Senishin View Post
    Eaton has web in Russia (www.eaton.ru) but the problem is that they offer moeller circuit breakers instead of Cutler Hammer GFXBB130B2. In internet there are a lot of offers of Cutler Hammer breakers and I dont understand this situation (why eaton offers moeller instead of CH?? or maybe china is the manufacturer of this "cutler hummer"?)
    Maxim: Since I don't read Russian, I will just have to take your word for what is on their site. The Chinese probably make all of the breakers in the world, or at least all of the parts for them that are then assembled into breakers in Mexico, Indonesia, and the Czech Republic . . .

Texas Inspector

Maxim Senishin Guest

Maxim: Since I don't read Russian, I will just have to take your word for what is on their site. The Chinese probably make all of the breakers in the world, or at least all of the parts for them that are then assembled into breakers in Mexico, Indonesia, and the Czech Republic . . .
    Yeah, it's true but they can produce them with licence or old chinese man can do it in his house and this production work for a few minutes

I do read Russian, and can verify that they only have information on the Moeller residential breakers on that site.

Try this source. The catalog is a 2mb pdf. Klockner-Moeller Electric

Series G - Molded Case Circuit Breakers

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Maxim Senishin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Try this source. The catalog is a 2mb pdf. Klockner-Moeller Electric

Series G - Molded Case Circuit Breakers
    Thanks, but unfortunatly there is no information about needed circuit breaker

So, I assume that an old fashion phone call to Cutler Hammer failed to help?