Default York/Unitary condenser age

Brain not working. I blame it on recent cold virus.

This condenser looks brand spanking new, but according to the serial number it was made in 1998?! What am I missing?

By the way, when turning it on, it makes louder and louder noise, but fan doesn't spin, so I turned it off. Brain not that bad.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: York/Unitary condenser age

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Brain not working. I blame it on recent cold virus.

This condenser looks brand spanking new, but according to the serial number it was made in 1998?! What am I missing?

By the way, when turning it on, it makes louder and louder noise, but fan doesn't spin, so I turned it off. Brain not that bad.
    I has the same problem the other day on a York heat pump on a 1992 home, the unit looked a lot newer, per the code on another cheat sheet it was a 1989 unit

On your unit, per this site its a 2008 HVAC -PRODUCTION DATE/AGE | Building Intelligence Center

Last edited by Dan Harris; 10-04-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: wrong date
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: York/Unitary condenser age

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I has the same problem the other day on a York heat pump on a 1992 home, the unit looked a lot newer, per the code on another cheat sheet it was a 1989 unit

On your unit, per this site its a 2008 HVAC -PRODUCTION DATE/AGE | Building Intelligence Center
    Thanks! What a strange system. I had no idea.
    2008 makes sense.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com