Kris Svendsen Guest

Default Rough Plumbing Wrong Location

I have a situation where the rough plumbing for the tub drain was incorrectly placed. The builder is going to have to move the plumbing underneath the tub framing (see picture). Is there anything I should be watching out for when they move it?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Rough Plumbing Wrong Location

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Svendsen View Post
    I have a situation where the rough plumbing for the tub drain was incorrectly placed. The builder is going to have to move the plumbing underneath the tub framing (see picture). Is there anything I should be watching out for when they move it?
    Hi Kris, Not sure what there is to look out for. He will have to cut the concrete, move the pipe of course. Make sure the slope for the drain pipe at the new location is correct. It's a simple fix, but I quess that depends on whos fixing it

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Svendsen View Post
    Does the home have a PT slab?

Locally the ground is treated for termites. If that's the same in your area the disturbed soil should be re-treated, and the holes should be covered with concrete .

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

A lot of PT slabs in the Dallas area, as I recall, from when I built some houses there many years ago. It's not good to cut the cables in the slab, so a long cut may be a problem, and a structural engineer may be needed for a consult. The plumbing should be under the slab. So, they make the cut. Trench the dirt and lay the new pipe in the trench. Cover with soil and pour the fresh concrete over the soil. Some slip material needed around the pipe where it penetrates the slab.

Kris Svendsen Guest

Thanks for the replies guys. That gives me enough to go on for now. Much appreciated.

Smile Re: Rough Plumbing Wrong Location

Actually, they need to move the wall, to fit the blueprint.

Darrel Hood Guest

Kris,
    This is a common occurrence. There are a couple of items for the home builder to be aware of during the actual move. There isn't much for an inspector to look at after the move, if the concrete patch in the original location is anything like smooth and level.