Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting find

I found the following under a gas fireplace: A bag of money, a VCR camera and...................A GUN!!!!
    Steve Balshin Majestic Home Inspection Service, Thornhill, Ontario, Canada

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Mike Davis Guest

Default Re: Interesting find

I would like to know whats on the video camera; the gun is rusted so it was either there for a long time or not taken care of before stashed there.
    Did you get the dates of the silver coins?

I usually find ...dust.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

The gun has not been there long enough to get dusty.

The burning question - what did you do about your findings?

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    The gun has not been there long enough to get dusty.

The burning question - what did you do about your findings?
    Agreed none of the items appear to have been in that location for very long.

We leave it as with any other personal property found at an Inspection.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I guess "A GUN!!!!" is a big deal for you Canadians. I see them on most inspections here. Have a few (well, OK. maybe a dozen or so) myself. Fortunately I don't need to hide them in the fireplace (yet).

Last edited by Benjamin Thompson; 10-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    END GLOBAL WHINING

Aye... Welcome to my world!

Caoimh*n

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Thompson View Post
    I guess "A GUN!!!!" is a big deal for you Canadians. I see them on most inspections here. Have a few (well, OK. maybe a dozen or so) myself. Fortunately I don't need to hide them in the fireplace (yet).
    I guess you are expecting a reaction of some kind from a Canadian, so here goes.
    If we find a handgun hidden in a strange place, it means in this country it most likely is not registered, therefore associated with crime in some way.
    So you guys say it is normal to have guns hidden around the house, maybe even forgotten there? No, it is not normal here.

www.allsafehome.ca

If we find a handgun hidden in a strange place, it means in this country it most likely is not registered, therefore associated with crime in some way.
    Most likely ?
    If you find a bottle of whiskey with no label is it illegal ?
    Are you required to seek verification of registered or unregistered personal property?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Most likely ?
    If you find a bottle of whiskey with no label is it illegal ?
    Are you required to seek verification of registered or unregistered personal property?
    No, not required to do anything.
    I don't want to drift into politics here, so let's just say, no, we don't find handguns in the course of a home inspection, so no surprise the poster from Ontario thought it was noteworthy.

Whiskey in a jar isn't illegal here. It is illegal to sell it without paying the tax, same as in Tennessee.

A few years back, a home inspector in Halifax found a paper bag full of cash in an attic. He told the home owners who were selling the estate of their late father. No big deal, and he got some good publicity for his inspection company.

www.allsafehome.ca

Garry Blankenship Guest

Morfing a bit, but I am curious about Canadian law as it relates to hand guns. I've always understood it to be illegal in Canada to own or at least to carry a hand gun, regardless of visability. I might add I've always found that scenario, ( true or not ), incredibly wise in that it would prevent many crimes of opportunity / circumstance. I do not see much Canada source news, but have not heard about a Canadian driver being killed in a road rage incident w/ a hand gun, ( not sayin it never happens ). I will never understand allowing people to legally walk around strapped and I feel The U.S. has this all wrong. If one's need for protection is that high, carry a rifle. That might allow a few more seconds for thought to trump passion, ( not to mention a better path to experience the absurdity of the need to always be armed ).

Regarding the O.P., I'd contact law enforcement with a generic question about what your responsibility might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Blankenship View Post
    Morphing a bit, but I am curious about Canadian law as it relates to hand guns. I've always understood it to be illegal in Canada to own or at least to carry a hand gun, regardless of visability.
    It is not illegal to posses a handgun in Canada. You need to have it registered, and there are restrictions for citizens with criminal records, or with history of physical abuse or similar. To register, immediate family members are contacted to see if you are mentally fit or stable enough to posses a handgun. Believe it or not, that is the law as it stands today.

There are strict laws with regards to the storage of all firearms and especially hand guns.

If you want to carry a handgun in this country, you can apply for a permit and your application will be turned down.

www.allsafehome.ca

Garry Blankenship Guest

It is not illegal to posses a handgun in Canada. You need to have it registered, and there are restrictions for citizens with criminal records, or with history of physical abuse or similar. To register, immediate family members are contacted to see if you are mentally fit or stable enough to posses a handgun. Believe it or not, that is the law as it stands today.

There are strict laws with regards to the storage of all firearms and especially hand guns.

If you want to carry a handgun in this country, you can apply for a permit and your application will be turned down.
    Thank you John. Interesting that the "laws" appear to be virtually identical in both North American countries yet the bottom line is vastly different. In the U.S. when you apply for that permit you will get it, unless your criminal history is worse than bad. Hence; in the U.S. way too many hand guns and way too many fools packing them Arms manufacturers must have fallen short on bribe $ for Canadian decision makers.

It is not illegal to posses a handgun in Canada. You need to have it registered,
    Wasn't that repealed as of April 6th 2012.

Hello Gents –

My two cents worth as a cop:

1) There is no such “registration” in my State (thank God). If someone came into my station and told me they wanted to register their hand gun, I would tell them to move to California or New York, (or some other place where criminals have the upper hand).

2) As a cop, I am glad my neighbors and citizenry are armed. In my case, somebody is armed in approximately 50% of the cars I stop on a traffic stop. (There is no requirement or application or registration for a driver to carry a loaded firearm, hidden or visible in my State). Again, thank God.

3) Unlike Mr. Blankenship, as a cop, I have much more faith, trust and respect in my fellow Americans and think that they are quite capable of being armed – I am particularly grateful that those who oppose firearm ownership aren’t typically armed since they are generally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale manner; relying on me (the government) or their emotions instead.

4) Carrying a rifle for self-protection? Seriously? (Refer back to Point #3 above).

5) I would like to invite Mr. Blankenship to go for a ride-along with a cop in his jurisdiction; a little fact-checking and reality never hurt anyone. Indeed, after a couple of ride-alongs, it is likely he will be buying his wife and kids handguns, and giving them concealed carry lessons for their birthdays.

Cheers!

Caoimh*n P. Connell
    Forever Blue when I’m not riding the boards in my alter ego as a ….
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

(An armed society is a polite society.)

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Self defense in the great white North is defense from Polar Bears and Grizzlies. For that, you want a rifle, unless you can outrun a wounded and very p-ed off bear.

I don't feel strongly either way. I just hope that pistol under the fireplace would not fall into the hands of a 14 year old kid with a grudge.

www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Caoimh*n P. Connell View Post

As a cop, I am glad my neighbors and citizenry are armed. In my case, somebody is armed in approximately 50% of the cars I stop on a traffic stop. (There is no requirement or application or registration for a driver to carry a loaded firearm, hidden or visible in my State). Again, thank God.

( An armed society is a polite society.)
    I'm not sure I agree with that train of thought. Far too many wackos out there, armed and loaded, looking for the first person to cross their path and deserving to be "offed." Our local police department recently lost an experienced motorcycle officer, fatally shot by a female motorist (with an extensive history of mental illness) following a lengthy chase. And I'll never forget the motorist in my home town in the Midwest who was shot and killed at the bottom of a freeway off-ramp--because the nut behind him thought he was waiting too long before proceeding into traffic.

Nothing at all polite about being dead.

Garry Blankenship Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Caoimh*n P. Connell View Post
    Hello Gents –

The bold and italicized is not original, but commentary.

I am particularly grateful that those who oppose firearm ownership aren’t typically armed since they are generally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale mannergenerally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale mannergenerally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale mannergenerally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale manner; relying on me (the government) or their emotions instead.

I personally do not at all oppose firearm ownership, but I think I better understand carrying hand guns now. If you're strapped, you represent the more stable / mature portion of society.

4) Carrying a rifle for self-protection? Seriously? (Refer back to Point #3 above).

The rifle is a short cut to proving your is bigger than his, following this insane everyone should be armed logic. It's not the rifle that is absurd; it is arming one's self that is.

(An armed society is a polite society.)

So if I carry explosives and chemical weapons on my person, ( in addition to my handgun/s of course ), I am Emily Post's envy ?

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

This I do agree with.

AMDG

I own weapons and use them. Got another mole just yesterday with my 12 gage shot gun. I do not care to be revered as "generally the least emotionally stable/ mature portion of our society, and as a general rule; that portion least capable of thinking through a situation in a rationale manner", so I will obtain more weapons and wear them / keep them with me, ( even if I have to pull a wagon ), to insure my path to becoming a polite member of society.

Recently I was on a typical suburban inspection here in the Carolina's and in a 3500SF home there were over 60 weapons. The total was not alarming but what was interesting is they were in EVERY room including the bathrooms, They were all well maintained, I am sure crime was non existent in this area!

Jeff Zehnder - Home Inspector, Raleigh, NC
    http://www.jjeffzehnder.com/
    http://carolinahomeinspections.com/

I'm in Utah. An occupied home with out a gun, is written up as a deficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Morrison View Post
    I'm in Utah. An occupied home with out a gun, is written up as a deficiency
    If theirs is in the shop I just leave a loaner ( no need for a write up that way.)

If theirs is in the shop I just leave a loaner ( no need for a write up that way.)
    Billy,

Yeah, but not everyone needs (but they may want one) a 2 gage punt gun.
    - Old 2 gauge shotgun: Lets go duck hunting!

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Hand guns in Canada are restricted. Lengthy background check by police. You can with proper permits have one to target practice.

The hand gun can be carried in a locked container to and from the range only.
    Ammo must be carried in separate locked container. Police can come to your door to check on your hand gun for storage, et ceteras...

Permission from police to take hand gun to gun smith for repairs.

Guns at home must be secured in a vault.

It is possible to carry a hand gun with special permit for protection due to threat on life, very rare permit. Last person I know to have had such a permit was Morton Shulman a Ontario politician, since deceased.

Long guns are another matter, gun safety course required to purchase, licence by province for hunting.

Federal long gun registry has been scrapped due to cost and questionable validity as to reducing gun related crimes, since criminals don't register guns, and many handguns and machine guns, et cetera are smuggled in through Indian reserves and criminal elements.

We have a real problem with gangs Asian and Blacks carrying guns and shooting one another and stray fire killing innocent people.

Politicians are gutless up here, the legal system will not enforce mandatory sentencing nor reverse onus bail on criminal. They are most likely out on bail committing more crime!

Last edited by Raymond Wand; 10-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Billy,

Yeah, but not everyone needs (but they may want one) a 2 gage punt gun.
    - Old 2 gauge shotgun: Lets go duck hunting!
    Well that's Nice & All but I'll just keep what I got.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Let's see ... all the guns are pointing forward ... the Lunette Eye Pintle Ring is at the front ... you connect up to that with all of the guns pointing directly at you ... ummm, Billy, becareful who you let on that thing while it is connected to your vehicle ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Let's see ... all the guns are pointing forward ... the Lunette Eye Pintle Ring is at the front ... you connect up to that with all of the guns pointing directly at you ... ummm, Billy, becareful who you let on that thing while it is connected to your vehicle ...
    Oh that.
    It's just so you can hookup to the RV for them trips to Flar-ada.

Garry Blankenship Guest

According to a constable of the peace in this thread, you would be one very polite dude with that rig.

Garry Blankenship Guest

Oh that.
    It's just so you can hookup to the RV for them trips to Flar-ada.
    Time for me to give some Suthern help to you boss - - - it's not Flar-ada, it's Flaw-da; right next door Jaw-ja. Bless Your Heart

Time for me to give some Suthern help to you boss - - - it's not Flar-ada, it's Flaw-da; right next door Jaw-ja. Bless Your Heart
    South Seattle ?
    * see how polite I'm is .

Garry,

It's Flah-da ... depending, of course, on ... whar yall be frum ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Garry Blankenship Guest

Never been a hand gun guy. If you want to kil something, kill it. Don't lodge bullits in it to die a later death. While my kids were growing, I thought having hand guns to be an unworthy risk. With the recent passing of my Father-In-Law and my children are now older and on their own, I inherited a couple hand guns. Maybe a year later I sponser a fish bum party and a friend has two children in the 8 to 10 range. So, I dutifully separated the hand guns from the gun/ammo box they lived in, just to be safe. Never have found the guns since ???

It looks like the Gun, Coins and Camera were probably put in there after the gas inspection tag was placed, Looks like 2004-(Maybe). I would probably just mention these things to the seller so they are not forgotten in a move. This would be to eliminate any possibility of a child (buyers) finding it later. That would be in the best interest (safety) of Your Client. I'm a big advocate for Firearm Safety.

I have a UT CFP and carry 24/7, mostly concealed, but sometimes Open Carry. I even have an AZ permit, This is mainly so I can legally carry in Nevada...because we sometimes vacation in Nevada...and at least once per year I go to a wonderful conference in Vegas.

When it comes to the safety of my Family: When Seconds count, The Police are 3-7 minutes away.

I grew up an avid hunter of deer, partridge and duck. I have not been hunting in over 15 years but I am not against others hunting.

My problem is with assault weapons and large magazines. We protect water fowl by limiting the number of shells that the gun can hold to three. Why can't we give our citizens the same small advantage we give to ducks? As a hunter, if you can't hit it in three shots, you don't need to own a gun. It was proven on one of the reality shows (myth busters or top shot or something.. ) that a person with a automatic weapon will miss most of the targets while a person using a single shot will hit most of the targets on the first or second try. How many casualties do you think there would have been in the school and theater shootings if the crowd new the shooter had to reload?

Not against guns, just the brain dead carrier!

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    My problem is with assault weapons and large magazines. Why can't we give our citizens the same small advantage we give to ducks? As a hunter, if you can't hit it in three shots, you don't need to own a gun. How many casualties do you think there would have been in the school and theater shootings if the crowd new the shooter had to reload?

Not against guns, just the brain dead carrier!
    An astute observation, thanks, Vern.
    There was a trial here last week for a young lad who killed his father. The guy has brain injuries that cause him to black out from time to time. Dad was setting up the target. Son pulled the trigger on his automatic and 5 of the 6 bullets hit the father.

"(An armed society is a polite society.)" Coaimhin, yesterday one of your polite citizens was polite enough to turn the hand gun on himself after shooting a Canadian border guard in her kiosk. She was just doing her job. "Do you have anything to declare?"

Last edited by John Kogel; 10-27-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    www.allsafehome.ca

How many casualties do you think there would have been in the school and theater shootings if the crowd new the shooter had to reload?
    !
    Or if the Theater had allowed HCP holders in.

Or if the Theater had allowed HCP holders in.
    I know I would enjoy the movie much more, knowing I was surrounded by macho Zimmerman types that were pumped by the action scenes in the movie. Many of the country western bar/dance establishments ban the wearing of cowboy hats in the building to bring down the testosterone levels, imagine if they let em bring in there six shooters!

Stetsons, reminds me of a joke..

What do stetsons and corvettes have in common with hemorrhoids?

Sooner or later every arse gets one! Ha ha...

I know I would enjoy the movie much more, knowing I was surrounded by macho Zimmerman types !
    You could always hide under the seat and hope he got tired of shooting .
    *or take responsibility for your own safety.

I remember Archie Bunker - All in the Family episode where the discussion was about airline hi-jackings.

Archie's solution was to arm all the passengers.

Maybe he had something... think 9/11 would have went down the way it did if everyone was not disarmed and trained into pacifism while on airplanes?

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Never been a hand gun guy. . . I inherited a couple hand guns. . . and a friend has two children in the 8 to 10 range. . . . Never have found the guns since ???
    Simple answer to that one. The kids found the guns, and took them home to use for self-protection at their school. Just about the only people in schools these days without weapons are the security staff hired to patrol the hallways.

After all, this is America.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Maybe he had something... think 9/11 would have went down the way it did if everyone was not disarmed and trained into pacifism while on airplanes?
    Nope.

I believe many passengers would have been killed ... by other passengers ... by mistake ... and those not killed by all the other armed passengers would have died as the jets crashed to the ground from all of the bullets cutting through electrical and hydraulic lines.

See, it would not have been the same.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

...and all achieved by the hijackers with box cutters. No guns needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    .. No guns needed.
    Well Raymond,
    As that's the only option you have.

My problem is with assault weapons and large magazines. We protect water fowl by limiting the number of shells that the gun can hold to three. Why can't we give our citizens the same small advantage we give to ducks?
    Why hasn't anybody thought of that!
    Surely the shooters want to give us a fair chance (like the ducks) and would only use legal magazines if we outlawed the high capacity!
    It's high capacity clips that kill people!

END GLOBAL WHINING

Why hasn't anybody thought of that!
    Surely the shooters want to give us a fair chance (like the ducks) and would only use legal magazines if we outlawed the high capacity!
    It's high capacity clips that kill people!
    Another option Ben, is to put a $500.00 tax on every bullet. There won't be any innocent bystander drive by shootings, you'll know he was the target

Another option Ben, is to put a $500.00 tax on every bullet. There won't be any innocent bystander drive by shootings, you'll know he was the target
    Chris Rock - Bullet Control - YouTube

Ahh, Americans and their gun crap! To each their own, but I'll take our murder rate over yours any day...

More to the point, I ran across this little gem in a crawl space a while back. I couldn't tell if the gardening tools in it were registered or not, but I reported them to the proper authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffery Corlett View Post
    Ahh, Americans and their gun crap! To each their own, but I'll take our murder rate over yours any day...

More to the point, I ran across this little gem in a crawl space a while back. I couldn't tell if the gardening tools in it were registered or not, but I reported them to the proper authorities.
    Aah Canucks with their we can't even decide what language to spell Socialism with.
    * it's a good thing "The Box" didn't have any unpolitical correct writing on it.

How do you spell 'redneck'? Linguistically and culturally accepted spelling, eh?

How do you spell 'redneck'? Linguistically and culturally accepted spelling, eh?
    I think it is Redneck.

It's standing out in the sun all day doing hard work and the sun burns the back of the neck, making it red, thus 'He's a Redneck.'

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Utah: A state that does allow those with A CFP (about 1 in 25 adults have a CFP here) to carry in Public Schools, Many teachers and administrators (as well as visitors) carry everyday and are there to protect out children if a nut job comes in....We have not had any mass shootings in our schools. We also have a very low crime rate overall. Washington DC, NJ, NY, CA on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Morrison View Post
    Utah: A state that does allow those with A CFP (about 1 in 25 adults have a CFP here) to carry in Public Schools, Many teachers and administrators (as well as visitors) carry everyday and are there to protect out children if a nut job comes in....We have not had any mass shootings in our schools. We also have a very low crime rate overall. Washington DC, NJ, NY, CA on the other hand....
    Population density 41st of 50.... ya'll better get along, when you need to get coach fair to visit the neighbor

Another option Ben, is to put a $500.00 tax on every bullet.
    Wouldn't work. Except for encouraging a very lucrative black market for imported bullets, just like dope is brought in and distributed now.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeMan View Post
    Wouldn't work. Except for encouraging a very lucrative black market for imported bullets, just like dope is brought in and distributed now.
    Except its really easy to make your own bullets. Meth, not so much.
    The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting, just to clear that up.

END GLOBAL WHINING

[quote=Benjamin Thompson;211263]Except its really easy to make your own bullets. Meth, not so much.[quote]

So why did the neighbor's kid in a former neighborhood (dropped out of school in 6th grade, couldn't carry on a simple conversation, practically incapable of dressing himself, etc.) successfully cook up meth in his parents' detached outbuilding, and sell it all around the county (until he got caught)?

I'm reasonably sure he wasn't anywheres close to having the brains for manufacturing a workable bullet.

Except its really easy to make your own bullets. Meth, not so much.
    The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting, just to clear that up.
    Exactly! It is to make sure we can keep Amendments 1, 3-10. It really is what keeps the power in the people's hands...There are many in the government that hate that we can keep them in check.

On the subject of Meth, We hardly ever hear of Meth houses here anymore. Because of the expense of cooking this crap up at home in small quantities it has been outsourced to Mexico. It is coming over our border (along with Heroin) just as MJ used to....Because of economics the Mexican MJ is now being grown directly on our National Forrest Land by Mexican cartels.

Last edited by Larry Morrison; 10-20-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

I can only guess that some of you are unfamiliar with a reload kit or "bullet press". Easily acquired for under a couple C notes delivered. A $500 tax on a bullet...laughable. Chicago has a nut proposing a five CENT tax per bullet, like THAT would curb the hand-gun violence. Chicago had banned hand guns years ago, affected noone but the law-abiding. The city's and the County keeps adding more tobacco taxes constantly, and doesn't generate a new dime, as anyone can simply cross a county and/or city line and get their tobacco without paying the city and county gouge tax, and that's if they're following the law, and not buying something that "fell off a truck", etc. Just another b.s. move to gouge the law abiding, and does nothing to curb the non-law-abiding criminal activity gang/drug hand-gun violence.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 10-20-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    I can only guess that some of you are unfamiliar with a reload kit or "bullet press". Easily acquired for under a couple C notes delivered. A $500 tax on a bullet...laughable. Chicago has a nut proposing a five CENT tax per bullet, like THAT would curb the hand-gun violence. Chicago had banned hand guns years ago, affected noone but the law-abiding. The city's and the County keeps adding more tobacco taxes constantly, and doesn't generate a new dime, as anyone can simply cross a county and/or city line and get their tobacco without paying the city and county gouge tax, and that's if they're following the law, and not buying something that "fell off a truck", etc. Just another b.s. move to gouge the law abiding, and does nothing to curb the non-law-abiding criminal activity gang/drug hand-gun violence.
    I obviously did not use enough

I don't believe we will ever take guns or gun rights away. I don't believe we will balance the budget or reduce my taxes either. I do believe we should enforce the laws we already have, one of which is limiting the right to own weapons of mass destruction.

That stash is probably a forgotten SHTF stash. Fortunately, assault weapons have already been tightly regulated for decades and they cost thousands of dollarsto acquire and register. What the media mistakenly and purposefully portrays to the uneducated public under the guise of Assault Weapons are really single shot auto loaders that look similar to military assault weapons (machine guns). It is true that many of these semi-automatic military like firearms have large capacity magazines. Yes, automatic weapons, in auto fire, are typically harder to control and again these weapons have been highly restricted for decades and a law abiding citizen, typically, won’t be gang banging with this firearm.Criminals do not obey laws and will get any kind of weapon they want regardless of legislation; therefore, the general populous should not be prohibited from owning firearms, especially those firearms that look like a military gun. Many countries in the world don't understand our Constitution; or our freedoms for that matter and that separates us from the rest of the tyrannical world, thank heaven. The media should be careful not to misrepresent these matters, but I think the media’s actions on this topic have a greater agenda - disarmament. Additionally, many who choose not to own a firearm do so because they don’t want to or due to their own fears and their own possible behavior in stressful situations if they were to exercise this tremendous responsibility of firearm ownership or 24/7 carry. Furthermore, the media is quick to publicize the crazed desires and actions of lunatics and the phobias of those who choose not to own a firearm onto others, the phobias these individual project come from their own minds and they use this argument to prevent the exercise of that Right and ownership by a responsible firearm’s owner.

Last edited by Franz Bailey; 10-23-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added info
    The full loathe honey, but to the hungry, even what is bitter tastes sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Bailey View Post
    That stash is probably a forgotten SHTF stash. Fortunately, assault weapons have already been tightly regulated for decades and they cost thousands of dollarsto acquire and register. What the media mistakenly and purposefully portrays to the uneducated public under the guise of Assault Weapons are really single shot auto loaders that look similar to military assault weapons (machine guns). It is true that many of these semi-automatic military like firearms have large capacity magazines. Yes, automatic weapons, in auto fire, are typically harder to control and again these weapons have been highly restricted for decades and a law abiding citizen, typically, won’t be gang banging with this firearm.Criminals do not obey laws and will get any kind of weapon they want regardless of legislation; therefore, the general populous should not be prohibited from owning firearms, especially those firearms that look like a military gun. Many countries in the world don't understand our Constitution; or our freedoms for that matter and that separates us from the rest of the tyrannical world, thank heaven. The media should be careful not to misrepresent these matters, but I think the media’s actions on this topic have a greater agenda - disarmament. Additionally, many who choose not to own a firearm do so because they don’t want to or due to their own fears and their own possible behavior in stressful situations if they were to exercise this tremendous responsibility of firearm ownership or 24/7 carry. Furthermore, the media is quick to publicize the crazed desires and actions of lunatics and the phobias of those who choose not to own a firearm onto others, the phobias these individual project come from their own minds and they use this argument to prevent the exercise of that Right and ownership by a responsible firearm’s owner.
    It is true machine guns have been regulated but it only takes a tie wrap and a bunch of bullets to make an AK- 47 full automatic. Dynamite, hand grenades, rockets, machine guns etc. are much harder to get because of regulations and the possibility of going to jail for possession. Could be why there are so few drive by bombings.

If you were caught in one of the “phobias”, and had a concealed weapon, what would you do? How would the other concealed weapon carriers, including police, know you aren't the bad guy? How would you know the bad guy from the other concealed weapon carriers? You only have a second to decide in a darkened theater or crowded school or anywhere else these “phobias” have cropped up ….oops too late. You are either looking at years of jury trials or are dead! Another “phobia” cropped up in Wisconsin last night!

Why do you feel you need more than three shots in rapid succession? Are you that bad of a shot or do you really need the witness protection program? Remember, I’m not for taking away guns; just ability to keep on killing till the barrel melts. Just give us ducks a chance.

The criminals do not care about the laws! They will get guns and ammunition law or no law. The everyday law abiding citizens are the ones who pay the price...

I really have no need for a handgun, but we have a few because we enjoy target shooting with them. We have several rifles and shotguns, most inherited and most older than me! Yes, I belong to the NRA!

I live in area that we fondly call "Mayberry", our big crimes are usually domestic or teenagers who get bored. I use to live in a high crime area (Jackson, MS) and I will never put my family in a place like that again. Just too many nice places to live on this earth to be faced with crime on a day to day basis. I just can not see having to carry a gun to protect myself everyday, but if I ever need one I have will have it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

First, you are blurring the lines of correct distinction; AK-47’s are already automatic and are already strictly regulated “Assault Weapons”. The “look a likes” you refer to are semi-automatic and the adjustments you speak of are illegal and very,VERY, dangerous because it does not depend on a timed firing which can cause detonation before the round is fully seated and the breech is closed. The arguments you use, again, are a product of your mind and are already illegal.Your examples of stiffer punishment for a crime I agree with and the thousands of firearms laws that already exist because of your argument should be enforced rather than prohibit the innocent from practicing their liberty. How do I know that someone isn’t going to scream fire in a crowded theater? I don’t and, I don’t go around putting muzzles on everyone’s mouth before I enter in order to prevent someone from screaming fire, as your argument similarly suggests. How do I know that someone will not push me in front of the subway train inside Grand Central Station? I don’t and I do not prevent people from standing behind me. Maybe the better question is to ask YOURSELF or others with similar thoughts; what purposes do you have in owning a firearm? It appears you are engrossed with activities other than target practice, collecting, or any other LEGAL activity, whatever that might be. Why can’t someone own something just for the purpose of conversation, or self-defense? Ask a trained LEO why he carries more than three bullets. I’m not trying to be unkind in my comment about your reasoning which on the surface seems innocent enough but it is contrary to our freedoms and should be labeled as dangerous. Freedom destroying thoughts and sayings can appear quite honorable at first, but in actuality strip others of fundamental rights and a great nation of its honor. I think my point is proven in that you are projecting, like many others do, what you have set in your heart and mind; those are your thoughts in which you display your purposes for owning a firearm and that makes you not want other people to exercise their freedoms. Benjamin Franklin mentions Those who would giveup essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Not to mention Jefferson said that an unarmed man may be more easily attacked; or that arms are the distinction between free man and slave, or that a firearm should be a free man’s constant companion. Additionally, Jefferson’s thought about character - “A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.” [FB- Amen!] Thomas Jefferson - “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” [FB] This might require more than your three bullet limit.

As far as being caught within one of the phobia examples you mention, my pal, Sigmund Freud, said it best - "Most people do not really want freedom,because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."

This is parallel thought to my point and something I find true in the political arena and society here in the US, maybe the world. I am not quite sure of its origin. The most intolerant people I have ever met profess to be tolerant; however, they are only tolerant of you while you agree with them and supporttheir views of tolerance.

Last edited by Franz Bailey; 10-23-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    The full loathe honey, but to the hungry, even what is bitter tastes sweet.

...and all achieved by the hijackers with box cutters. No guns needed.
    Not wanting to argue, but I think everybody wants to keep it factual. The use of box cutters was created by testimony from Ted Olson, which was later found to be false by the FBI during the Zacarias Moussaoui trial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkzhz...=results_video

American Airlines Flight 77 Calls - 911myths

Ted Olson’s Report of Phone Calls from Barbara Olson on 9/11: Three Official Denials | Global Research

http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/e...rbaraOlson.png

Side note, I think pilots are allowed to carry guns now.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Bailey View Post
    Ask a trained LEO why he carries more than three bullets.
    I carry an unspecified (but large) number of rounds with me. I would carry more, but the suspension in my car would have to be altered (again).

Caoimh*n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast