Default Celotex Soundboard sheating

Replacing some pressboard siding. Pulled off the sheats on the side of the garage. There is about 16 with celotex insulated sheating. Then at the front 8 feet there is the celotex soundboard. This is in the outside of the studs. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced.

Is there any reason to reinstall the same product. Can I use the celotex foam board.

I should add the previous owner had cut off the bottom 6in of the siding and installed wood trim. the typical short cut fix. The bottom 6in below the sound board is foam board.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Celotex Soundboard sheating

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hronek View Post
    Replacing some pressboard siding. Pulled off the sheats on the side of the garage. There is about 16 with celotex insulated sheating. Then at the front 8 feet there is the celotex soundboard. This is in the outside of the studs. It is crumbling and needs to be replaced.

Is there any reason to reinstall the same product. Can I use the celotex foam board.

I should add the previous owner had cut off the bottom 6in of the siding and installed wood trim. the typical short cut fix. The bottom 6in below the sound board is foam board.
    I would use a foil faced polyiso foam board and not EPS foam.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com