Rebecca Howard Guest

Default New Home Inspector Courses and Land Surveyor Training

McKissock now has more state-specific, state-approved home inspector courses and land surveyor education. From the McKissock website, they have access to all they need to fulfill state requirements, including governing agency information, and can begin taking required coursework immediately. McKissock offers customizable packages, individual courses and webinars that are easy to access and affordable.

Read more here: McKissock Rolls Out New Home Inspector Courses and Land Surveyor Training - Yahoo! Finance

Rebecca (McKissock)

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rebecca Howard; 10-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: New Home Inspector Courses and Land Surveyor Training

The stuff listed (by state) for "surveyor education" is information showing codes of ethics and standards of practice, readily available for free from each state's regulating agency website. Wonder how much McKissock is charging for the stuff they get for free?

Rebecca Howard Guest

As you probably know, land surveying licensees are required to take a certain number of hours of continuing education in order to renewal their license. And as part of that requirement, the state mandates that a portion of the hours be dedicated to the technical standards/law/ethics, etc. McKissock offers these state-specific courses for those who are in need of fulfilling those requirements. As you pointed out, these standards/ethics/laws are developed by the individual state boards and are the basis for the course materials; however, the courses are developed from qualified instructors in the field; and McKissock, as well as the individual courses, go through extensive approval processes before being delivered to their customers.

McKissock offers courses on multiple elective topics as well. You can view their extensive course catalog here: McKissock Search Courses

Rebecca,

Are you a sponsor of this site? If so, I missed it and I apologize; however, if not, why are you posting free advertising here when you should be paying for it?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Rebecca Howard Guest

Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the intrusion. My intent was to share home inspection and land surveyor resources with the community. I won't post any promotional content here in the future.

Rebecca (McKissock)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Howard View Post
    Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the intrusion. My intent was to share home inspection and land surveyor resources with the community. I won't post any promotional content here in the future.

Rebecca (McKissock)
    Rebecca,

Go ahead and post it ... just make sure to sponsor something for Brian as that is how he keeps this free for all of us ... including you.

You can contact Brian to sponsor something by clicking the 'Contact Us' link the bottom of the page - I look forward to your sponsorship ... as I am sure the rest of us here do to.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Rebecca,

Go ahead and post it ... just make sure to sponsor something for Brian as that is how he keeps this free for all of us ... including you.
    Thanks Jerry.

While we're on the subject of inspection courses.... here are more than 100, free (to members), approved inspection courses Free Inspector Education and Training - InterNACHI

BTW, InterNACHI has been a steady sponsor of this message board for years.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Thanks Jerry.

While we're on the subject of inspection courses.... here are more than 100, free (to members), approved inspection courses Free Inspector Education and Training - InterNACHI

BTW, InterNACHI has been a steady sponsor of this message board for years.
    Thank you (InterNACHI) for supporting this site.

Lisa, given the topic, your post is appropriate.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.