Thread: Rejection

Retha Coppock Guest

Default Rejection

I am wondering why MTI ecepted me and right before the training class I received a call that said "we do not need your services" no explanation. This was 4/11. I called and spoke with Jeff just the other day about a need in GA. After his review of area he called me and said the area was not conducive to where I live. 45 minutes away.

WHY is that?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Rejection

Quote Originally Posted by Retha Coppock View Post
    WHY is that?
    I don't know, but posting the same basic post is a bit excessive and over-kill annoying when all it takes is one post ... maybe something like that happened and they said 'thanks, but no thanks'?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Retha Coppock Guest

Thqnks for your reply.

what the hell are you talking about

cvf

Retha Coppock Guest

That's what I said

no you retha--say what--clue us in

cvf

Retha Coppock Guest

Question Re: Rejection

I meant , I was accepted with the company and quickly I was rejected before training. This is a company that contract out Residential and Commerical survey's. At least survey's was my interset.

Last edited by Retha Coppock; 10-19-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: to make corrections for a mispelled word in the orignal post.

Is that one of those $6 an hour outfits that expects you to pay for your own gas and travel time?

How would anyone outside of MTI know any thing about your particular case? It seems the only place to get an answer would be to contact MTI.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Retha Coppock Guest

Thumbs up Re: Rejection

Thank you for your reponse. I thought it would be something common in this industry. I see that it is not. I give up on the answer. I have been hired by a company.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by Retha Coppock View Post
    I am wondering why MTI ecepted me and right before the training class I received a call that said "we do not need your services" no explanation. This was 4/11. I called and spoke with Jeff just the other day about a need in GA. After his review of area he called me and said the area was not conducive to where I live. 45 minutes away.

WHY is that?
    Your posts here (in the three or so topics you started with the same or nearly identical opening post) speak for themselves.

Job Description:

Insurance Inspectors Wanted
    We are seeking EXPERIENCED INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS to complete inspections comprised mostly of commercial properties ("flat-rated") in SAVANNAH, GA AND SURROUNDING AREAS.

We have some residential inspections, no diagrams are required, and some farm inspections as well.

A willingness and ability to travel to Statesboro, GA would be a plus, with more inspections picked up in this area.

Our current volume of work is medium to high (up to 5 days' worth/week.)

Earnings are commission-based, as each inspection, for each location, is either flat-rated or paid by the hour (determined by the inspection's length and complexity).

Inspectors travel to the insureds' homes, describing the structure (exterior walls and roof, building age, whether it's occupied, etc.), and noting hazards & safety concerns.

For commercial inspections, inspectors travel to business sites by appointment, evaluating hazards and safety concerns in general and associated with the business operations. Information is gathered by interviewing the business owner and touring the premises.

Inspectors must have an insured, reliable vehicle, access to high-speed Internet, and a digital camera.

For this position, we require:
    Strong oral and written communication skills in English
    A strong work ethic
    A high degree of personal integrity
    Attention to detail
    Mathematical aptitude; ability to see spatial relationships
    Strong organizational and time management skills
    and
    The ability to interact professionally via telephone or in person, with policy holders (insureds), clients, and their representatives.
    Job Description:

Job Description:
    Insurance Inspectors Wanted
    We are seeking experienced INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS to complete field surveys of primarily residential properties for insurance underwriting purposes in Albany, GA, and surrounding areas.

The current mix of work is about half commercial lines (primarily "flat-rated") and residential, with a few Farm inspections (typically "hourly-rated.")

Commercial business inspections require an appointment with the insured (generally the business owner), discussing the operations, and while touring the premises, identifying safety concerns and hazards.
    Residential inspections are primarily exterior-only, describing the structure, and identifying safety concerns and hazards.

Earnings are commission-based, as each inspection, for each location, is either flat-rated or paid by the hour (determined by the inspection's length and complexity).

Inspectors must have an insured, reliable vehicle, access to high-speed Internet, and a digital camera.

We require:
    Strong oral and written communication skills in English
    A strong work ethic
    A high degree of personal integrity
    Attention to detail
    Mathematical aptitude; ability to see spacial relationships
    Strong organization and time management skills
    and an Ability to interact professionally via telephone or in person with policy holders (insureds), clients, and their representatives.
    About the Company:

Midwest Technical Inspections, Inc., established in 1988, is a privately-owned company providing residential and commercial inspections to insurance companies for underwriting purposes. With our Home Office in Hanover Park, IL, and our inspectors working from their homes, we service insurance company property and casualty needs throughout the U.S. We also have a National Call Center, completing insurance underwriting phone surveys of contractors, home owners, auto owners, and business owners.

We also provide safety, risk management and training services to general industries in both the private and public sectors.

Aside from field and phone inspections, we offer loss control consulting services to private industries, government entities, and insurance companies.
    We approach quality and service through a professional and knowledgable field staff. Over 75% of our field staff have more than 15 years experience each in the Inspection / Risk Control field having earned numerous designations including ARM, CPCU, and CSP. Our multi-layered management team consists of Field Supervisors strategically located throughout the country who interact with the Field Staff in a proactive fashion to provide continuous quality and training. The Field Supervisors and inspection team are directly supported by Regional Managers who coordinate all activity between our clients and inspection personnel. This allows us to consistently meet our clients' quality and time service expectations.

By the way, complete background & credit checks (including employment, education, driving records, court cases, etc.), as are insurance claims history, are common place; as are scouring the www and esp. social media sites.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 10-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Retha Coppock Guest

Thank you for the response.

HG

you need a job--way to muck time to search internet-- go hit some golf balls--take the wife to dinner and and relax--this thread didn't need that much effort

cvf

It was one of three threads all started at the same time, two topic areas, all being replied to, including questions such as "what is MTI".

It was annoying. It also took less than a moment to paste the noteworthy.

If you don't like it Chas, to each his own. If I choose to spend an interrupted moment on a reply, thats MY business, not yours. As far as your "opinions" as to how someone other than yourself, a much older person BTW, "needs" to spend his time, opinions are like A...... most everyone has at least one.

hg

like i said post was not worth the time to respond. youngster
    cvf

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    hg

like i said post was not worth the time to respond. youngster
    cvf

And yet you have four times, on this (one of three identical) topic discussion, (and still 'without a clue' ) who can't muster the effort to shift a keystroke, lil' shaver, with such gems as:
    what the hell are you talking about
    no you retha--say what--clue us in
    and
    you need a job--way to muck time to search internet-- go hit some golf balls--take the wife to dinner and and relax--this thread didn't need that much effort

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    And yet you have four times, on this (one of three identical) topic discussion, (and still 'without a clue' ) who can't muster the effort to shift a keystroke, lil' shaver, with such gems as:

and
    Well I for one appreciated your reply H.G. Thanks.

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL