Thread: Winterization

Efrain Alvarado Guest

Default Winterization

Does anyone have a clue on how to get on a winterization vending list?

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Winterization

are you a taxi driver--carpet layer--pizza delivery guy--landscaper--etc if so you qualify--yikes

Call the company and ask them what requirement are needed in order for you to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    are you a taxi driver--carpet layer--pizza delivery guy--landscaper--etc if so you qualify--yikes
    no doubt.

If someone tallied up how much damage *is created* by the goof ball stuff that's done when they winterize and de-winterize... it would likely be mind boggling.

I mean, who's shown up to a flooded home after the *professionals* just de-winterized it? Some joker shows up, turns on the water, but fails to notice that the laundry valves are cracked open

They were turning on the water at one last winter when I was there (yay...) and as the water was creeping out of the wall at the baseboard I asked if they perform an air test before opening or a meter/creep check after opening... I just got a glazed over look, maybe was because he had to "call the office" as water was now dripping from the ceiling.

I'd say the winterizing activities would be a win for the local/qualified contractors to repair the damage created... but somehow it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as far as who is doing the repairs and the *quality* of the repairs made..ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Spargo View Post
    no doubt.

If someone tallied up how much damage *is created* by the goof ball stuff that's done when they winterize and de-winterize... it would likely be mind boggling.

I mean, who's shown up to a flooded home after the *professionals* just de-winterized it? Some joker shows up, turns on the water, but fails to notice that the laundry valves are cracked open

They were turning on the water at one last winter when I was there (yay...) and as the water was creeping out of the wall at the baseboard I asked if they perform an air test before opening or a meter/creep check after opening... I just got a glazed over look, maybe was because he had to "call the office" as water was now dripping from the ceiling.

I'd say the winterizing activities would be a win for the local/qualified contractors to repair the damage created... but somehow it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as far as who is doing the repairs and the *quality* of the repairs made..ugh.
    I ran into a 'winterized' foreclosure the other day. I simply told the buyer that it was his responsibility to ensure all the utilities were turned on and accessible prior to the inspection, or those systems would not be included in the inspection by default. He got it done and I assummed no liability for de-winterizing. Just a thought.

Wade Hancock
    Hancock Consulting & Inspections, PLLC
    www.hancockinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Efrain Alvarado View Post
    Does anyone have a clue on how to get on a winterization vending list?
    Generally, you need to contact individual banks, realtors who handle REOs, etc to get in on the winterization action.