Thread: Exhaust hood?

Default Exhaust hood?

The exhaust from the bathroom was apparently disconnected from a vent when the roof shingles were replaced. Sections of the sheathing were replaced as well. My question is does the box in the picture look like some kind of exhaust hood? Or is it something that has totally no connection with the bathroom exhaust?

I'd appreciate your guy's help.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Exhaust hood?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cissell View Post
    The exhaust from the bathroom was apparently disconnected from a vent when the roof shingles were replaced. Sections of the sheathing were replaced as well. My question is does the box in the picture look like some kind of exhaust hood? Or is it something that has totally no connection with the bathroom exhaust?

I'd appreciate your guy's help.

To me, it looks like the housing (box) the bath exhaust fan was mounted in. Likely the exhaust fan was replaced, housing and all, and they left the old housing in the attic.
    The exhaust duct does need to exhaust to the exterior, not into the attic.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Default Re: Exhaust hood?

Thanks. Now that I think about it I think you are right are right about the housing. I will cite the exhaust.