Question pig tails in main panel

First, I would like to thank this site and all the contributors for the information provided. Always reading the good information.

I would like to know how many wires can you pigtail to one circuit breaker at the panel box.
    When daisy chain receptacles there seems to be restriction on the number, as long as the wire is rated for the amperage.

What I want to know if receptacles can be combined at the panel box and then connected to breaker with pig tails to free other circuit breakers

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Jose Quinones; 10-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: pig tails in main panel

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Quinones View Post
    What I want to know if receptacles can be combined at the panel box and then connected to breaker with pig tails to free other circuit breakers
    The first part of the answer is: Depends on what the receptacles are for and where they are as some are allowed with other receptacles and some are not.

The second part of the answer is: All conductors pigtailed together would need to have a minimum amperage rating of no less than the breaker size.

The third part of the answer is: You may well lose some things you do not want to lose at the times you do not want to lose them because a breaker trips from too many things on the combined circuits.

Robert had another part of the answer.

There are likely even more parts of the answer based on what your answers to the above are.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com