Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Bracing For Sandy

The mid-atlantic and northeast corner of the country are in the direct path of hurricane Sandy. We've heard all day how bad this storm is and how destructive it will be. The NJ coast is getting hammered and landfall for the storm is within the hour. If you live in an area that is within the path of this storm, be safe. We've been sitting inside all day on edge waiting for the worst of the storm. Terrible feeling.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: Bracing For Sandy

Hopefully, the combined storms are not as bad as predicted.

All who in the path of the storm (the combined Sandy hurricane the the winter storm) - Let us know how things went and that you are okay.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I live about 150' from NY Harbor, very close to the Verrazano Bridge. Windy as hell, some trees down this afternoon. At high tide water was on the streets at the bottom of my block. I will venture out again in the morning.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

We surprisingly came through this with no damage. Power blinked a few times and went out for maybe 5 seconds at one point but that was it. We got lucky.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

April Green Guest

We made it through alright on the Upper Cape. Most of Cape Cod and the south coast got flooding. There are a lot of trees down and power outages in eastern Mass and Rhode Island, but my neighborhood fared well. It's beautiful out today.

norwalk,ct
    not as bad as expected but i think i have a flooded basement. out of the country right now.
    i am expecting a few"my basement is flooded calls" HAHA and you didn't note in your report that this may happen in a HURRICANE!
    when i started hearing the news crew reiterating the same crap and showing pictures of puddles in parking lots, i knew we were ok, more or less
    but i hear the end of the world is right around the corner so we should have some good stuff going on in a couple of months or so

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    norwalk,ct
    i am expecting a few"my basement is flooded calls" HAHA and you didn't note in your report that this may happen in a HURRICANE!
    when i started hearing the news crew reiterating the same crap and showing pictures of puddles in parking lots
    Was that Your Refrigerator floating down the gutter?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Here in central Maryland we had some pretty stiff winds and a lot of rain, but little damage. I'm attributing that to the fact that a lot of the vulnerable trees came down during hurricane Irene last year, and earlier this year with the derecho. We never lost power, and only spotted two small roof leaks, which might have been due to the sideways rain being blown up the roof between the shakes.
    But boy oh boy, watching the pictures from NJ/NY/CT... Wow.

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Was that Your Refrigerator floating down the gutter?
    Yes I think it was, but we rescued the beer.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Here is an interesting look at before and after photos.

Superstorm Sandy: before and after - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I had an inspection today on Ceder Grove Ct (New Dorp Beach) in Staten Island. These pics were taken on Ceder Grove Ave, 1 block away.

Note the elderly couple posing in front of their home.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com