Default Bet you've never seen one of these....

Maybe they're more common in other areas. I seem to remember seeing one before - or maybe seeing it on here.

Does anyone have any advice about this venting (other than the obvious replace it because it's plastic).

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Bet you've never seen one of these....

I,ve seen a few of those , they were rated for use at time of manufacture and has held up for a long time right.?
    I would still call it out as crap and time to replace, who would trust that?

Garry Blankenship Guest

Looks to me like galvanized steel and copper directly connected in places w/o a dielectric union. Excuse my ignorance, but isn't a powered vent required ?

Yea I have seen a few of those myself. As Wayne stated that vent was problably approved at time of inspection. I would guess that schedule 40 PVC pipe would be approved for that unit. Many of the the induced draft (power vent) gas water heaters can use PVC pipe for the flue.

Easy enough to get manufacturer and model number to find out what is their instructions. Would not assume to specify for the manufacturer.

Yes, I've seen several but not for a long time. I agree with William C. Easy enough to check. I remember we had a discussion on this but it would be in the archives.

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin