Thread: Renewal

Default Renewal

This is my first year renewing my license. I was just wondering if you can wait till the 30th or is there a processing time. Just didnt know if I wait if I can continue to do inspections or if there is a waiting period. Thanks.

OREP Insurance
    E.D.S
    Home Inspections
    Lic.#450.010534

Default Re: Renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
    This is my first year renewing my license. I was just wondering if you can wait till the 30th or is there a processing time. Just didnt know if I wait if I can continue to do inspections or if there is a waiting period. Thanks.
    It should be on the renewal form. I know that the two states I currently hold licenses in, require that the renewal must be in 30 days prior to the expiration date.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 11-01-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Your late!
    Here it takes time to process and if I do not have a valid license IN HAND then I cannot inspect.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
    I was just wondering if you can wait till the 30th or is there a processing time. Just didnt know if I wait if I can continue to do inspections or if there is a waiting period. Thanks.
    I mailed in my applications on Sept 23rd. My inspector's license came right away. I'm still waiting for the entity license. The application states that a 2-4 week process period is required. Better get hustling!

If by chance you get caught practicing without a license be prepared for a nasty fine - IDFPR can be expensive.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

You need to have your renewal postmarked by the 30th of November. As long as you meet the CE requirements there is nothing to prevent you from doing inspections December 1st. Fedex and UPS do not count, it has to be USPS. Or you can renew online with a credit card.

Ted Menelly Guest

Well

I was kinda sorta late but not one year. As long as you renewal paperwork, CEUs and money are in on or before the last day (in my case October) you are in. Because they have not looked at it yet means nothing.

Most renewals I have had in Texas in the past 8 years were always the last couple hours that I needed for my CEUs rolled in the door in the Nic of time. One year because of their screw up my license was not technically renewed until February but they had just changed the system or something, computers, what not. This past renewal I made it many months ahead of time for about everything except my insurance which they cannot process until I believe 30 days before it expires. Especially where about every year I get some lame notice to ignore the fact that I get something from the insurance company saying they are not renewing. Always rolling companies in and out of Texas.