Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sean Moore Guest

Default Re: Inspection software

Hello, I am Sean Moore from HomeGauge and I appreciate Don Belmont’s honest and direct criticism. I would like to get further feedback and comments on some of the items. Some of the items might be detailed and complex that most inspectors will not care about so you can feel free to respond directly back to me in email to sean@HomeGauge.com.

well as someone who has hacked some of it's inner workings to get the features I needed now out of 3.3. (Like a TOC, more informative graphics , more control over the final report output and the ability to sefl publish the report in HTML to my own website) .
    I am always glad to hear how users have extended HomeGauge. We do try to keep things open for the more computer knowledgeable users like Don to be able to use and extend it. The items you mentioned are:
    1) TOC – I am glad to say that this has been added in version 4.
    2) More informative graphics – I am not sure how you needed to hack the inner workings of HG to accomplish this. You can include any jpg or gif. Please explain further?
    3) More control over the final report output. Please explain further in detail the controls you were looking for. Again some of these might be better emailed.
    4) Ability to self publish the report in HTML to my own website – This takes a person that is knowledgeable in managing a web site ( which it sounds like you are ) but did it require a “hack” of the software to do this?

In version 4 I'll grant that they have added an import/export utility to allow better syncing of your comments from one report template to another. But the global list of comments is really only local to the loaded template .I haven't tested the import/export as yet so can't speak to it. But even if it works there still is no convenient and centralized (read time efficient) manner for managing your comments. The new interface will still require (if I read the instructions correctly) that you take time to move your comments by hand instead of that being done (a repetitive task ideal for computer) automatically on the fly. If you have multiple templates that will be time consuming.
    Yes HomeGauge has taken the approach so far of having all of the comments for a template to be located directly in that template. This does have the disadvantage of making it a little more time consuming if you have many different templates that you would like to use those same comments in. Having all of the comments in one template/file does have some advantages.

1) It is easy to share your one template/file with others in an email. Some HG users share their Mold or other template but don’t want to share all of their comments from all of their templates. This is very important for multi inspector shops.

2) If only the comments from a template are for that template you will not need to sort thru the comments that are not appropriate for that template. So when doing a mold inspection I will only see the comments that are for mold and not lots of other comments.

We have found that some inspectors having this issue really are creating extra work by having so many templates. Sometimes the inspector is coming from another reporting system and creates many template for 3br, 2ba and then another for 4br, 2ba. Or something like a template for home inspection and then another for home inspection with pool. In HomeGauge it is not needed to have so many templates because it is easy to add additional rooms on the fly during the inspection or to have a section that you rarely use to be excluded by default. So if your templates are really different like mold, commercial and home then it is not that big of deal for your comments to be only in that template and not shared between templates.

It is still on our list to have a global list of comments that is shared between all templates and hopefully we will get to it in version 4.1. We use feedback like Don's to help us determine the priority of the features that go into the next version.

The interface for comments still lacks a search utility so you may know you have the perfect comment somewhere but unless you remember where (and in which template) you have to hunt for it by hand. And forget searching across all your comments in all your templates (unless you know how to roll your own search utility which I do but shouldn't have to)
    There is a way to search the comments inside of a template. You can go to “Templates -> All Comments” and then click on the “Filter” folder on the left hand side. It will ask you to enter a word to search for and then display the comments that contain that word. This feature was in 3.3 and in 4.0. It is easy to overlook so I am glad to let you know it is available.

After experimenting with HG4 last night it still seems that there is no convenient way to publish your reports to your own website (I'll ignore their extra charge service as it is meant to build their traffic not yours). I manage my own report server and publish my reports after cleaning them up and adding some custom features and graphics that are not possible to add with HG.
    Don your web hosting knowledge is beyond most inspectors that are very happy with our upload service. As you have found out the report is stored in the My Documents\HomeGauge\reports folder where a person that has the knowledge can use his or her favorite FTP client. I am glad that we have served both customers that have the knowledge and those that do not.
    Our upload service also provides much more than putting it on the web. See the link for more info -
    HG Internet Tools Upload

Hopefully that means the internal HTML engine is a bit more versatile and will stop chewing up external links on the report but that is not tested as yet.
    I am not familiar with any issues of external links getting “chewed” up. Many inspectors include links in their reports to other web sites. Please explain your steps further.

I like the new itemized comment insertion (another feature I've had for a year but had to do by hand).
    The itemize feature has been in version 3.3. What is new in version 4 is the ability to create the comments itemized with fewer clicks than was required in v3.

The picture handler and editor seems much improved in 4 over 3.3. Considering that I found tghe ones in 3.3 to be useless it wasn't hard to improve. The exposure controls will save me a processing step if they work as smoothly as they seem to. For 3.3 the only reasonable way to get a well processed picture was to do it outside of HG.
    The exposure controls were also in version 3.3 and did not change in 4.0. It has been the same exposure controls for over a year. I wonder if you really only had version 3.2?

I'm sure I'll have other comments as I use this latest version. It is a definite improvement (as it should be) over 3.3. However, it is not perfect and will benefit best by honest and direct criticism.
    I invite you to come over to the HomeGauge.com message board and provide your criticism and get more immediate results and feedback from other HG current users. It sounds like you were doing some unneeded extra work before with features that were overlooked that could have been avoided. I know you do not want to use the upload service but our Internet Tools does offer much more beyond just the upload including the ability to communicate with other users and discuss how to put HomeGauge to work for you.

Last edited by Sean Moore; 12-28-2007 at 01:15 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Jeff Knight Guest

Don,
    Knights Software (www.knightssoftware.com) has always had a global set of comments that can be shared across Categories and InspectionTypes. It makes no sense to have a database of comments without having the ability to "normalize" the database so that when you have a comment that has to do with broken windows that you do not have to change it in 20 different areas but only in one comment that is shared across Categories and even InspectionTypes. Our system also has always had the ability to have dropdowns inside of comments that can also be shared across other comments so that if I create a dropdown list called "locations" that contains "East,West,North,South" it will be the same drop down whenever this dropdown is included in any comment throughout the system. This means if I decide to expand on this dropdown list and decide to add "NorthEast,NorthWest..." etc. to my dropdown list I only need to do it once it the actual dropdown item and it will be added to ALL of the comments that reference this dropdown item.
    We also added in v5 a couple years ago the ability to "filter" your comments available to your from your dropdown list based on what material items you have selected so far in the inspection. A good example of this is when an inspector selects a checkbox for the age of the house being a "New Home Construction" there is no need to have comments that have to do with "knob and tubing"..."aluminum wiring" etc.....This feature makes our software very unique in that you can filter your set of comments available to you as you are doing your inspection making it feasable to have more and more comments in your comment library without making it harder to find the comment you are looking for as you are doing your inspection.

Jeff

James Duffin Guest

I am a Homeguage user who also have found it very easy to "hack" to fit my needs. I guess that makes me a database expert also. If I had only known that before now I could have made a fool of myself before Don did! PS I don't like the cost for the upgrade but I will pay it!

Sounds like HG is getting to where I was 10 years ago with my own program I wrote.

Maybe it will eventually enable the user to include everything I did back then.

"1) TOC – I am glad to say that this has been added in version 4." ... I would've thought that would be one of the first things done for the first version.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Sean Moore Guest

Jerry: I have to just laugh at myself. That is not a feature we are yelling from the roof tops as NEW, as it should have been in version 0.1. The only reason I can think that we felt it was unimportant is that we create our reports in HTML - web ready - and a TOC felt so paper based. But our customers have set us on the right path. It was possible in v3 to have a TOC but it was not an easy check box. In V4 it is easy as pie with clickable links in the HTML and the PDF. Here is a list of new things in v4 that we are proud of - New in HomeGauge Inspection Software 4.0

Thanks for the laugh,
    Sean Moore
    sean@HomeGauge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Moore View Post
    The only reason I can think that we felt it was unimportant is that we create our reports in HTML - web ready - and a TOC felt so paper based.
    I would think that a web based (HTML) report table of contents would be hyper-linked to the table of contents sections in the HTML report. My table of contents was not hyper-linked as my reports started out as paper then went to .pdf. I did toy with making my ToC hyper-linked but never did.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Dan Huber Guest

If you are investigating inspection software check out eInspections at eInspections™ There are short overview videos that show some of the many features and talks about the fact that you can customize your report most anyway you want. You can add or delete check boxs,edit drop downs, delete,add or edit sections and sub sections. The remarks data base is great. Use your own remarks or the provided remarks. Photos can be inserted in the report in the summary,inline or the back of the report.
    There are so many views on the best report. I think the best report is what suits you, your part of the country and your personal ideas about how and what should be in a report. eInspections let's you custom fit your report for what YOU think is best. Check out the website and try a demo.
    I have been in the inspection industry for 12 years and am proud to also be part of the development of eInspections. I am sure that makes me biased but all I would suggest is check out eInspections. What do you have to loose. The more you know the better you can decide what is best for you.
    With Respect
    Dan Huber

Charles Cubbage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Amelin View Post
    I've been using 3D for years now and I'm pretty discouraged with the software revisions they have been making and the overall direction that there are moving toward. I think it is time for me to change.

This thread talks a lot about inserting pictures, page forms, pretty reports, etc., and that's important, but the most critical requirement for me is my data base of knowledge and ability to manage that data. This is what separates me from the competition. It also needs to be constantly revised, updated and edited.

3D Software does not put the emphasis on data management. They have failed in this area.

3D started as a dos based program, and used a central database for data storage (inspector comments). Management of data (inspector comments) in the central database is very difficult and almost impossible to reorganize. Over time the data base gets bigger and big data bases in 3D are impossible to reorganize and manage.

They have instead strategically moved to what I call a distributed data base. Inspector comments are listed next to each section in the report and you can pic and choose from these comments, but unfortunately you cannot access these comments from another section. This strategy is geared toward pocket PC's - not desktop.

Just think of the nightmare with this. If you have inspector comments in the main roof section you can't get to these same comments if you have a garage roof section and want to use the same comments.

You can copy them to your garage roof section, but if you need to revised the comment, you now need to go to the garage roof section and revise the same comment. Or if you add a new comment to the roof section, have to to also add the same comment to the garage roof section.

Think of the logistical problem if you also have to revise miltiple sections for other type comments that are similar in all sections. ITS A NIGHTMARE.

I wrote to 3D multiple times explaining the situation but they responded that managment of the central data base was not important and they have no plans of changing.

Does anyone with Homegauge know if it is easy to manage inspector comments (re-organize, edit, add, delete, rename, print data base)?

Would appreciate the feedback.
    Thanks
    Hello, this is Charles Cubbage, a member of the 3D Inspection Team. I apologize for not replying to this sooner, but I did not know about this quote.

The 3D Inspection System has a great system for organizing verbage called the custom form studio. It allows moving, adding, and organizing comments and components of your inspections.

In order to organize your components and comments, you can create what are called "Sub-Forms", which are components that can be shared throughout your templates.

For instance, you can create a component called "Bathroom" which contains all of the pieces necessary to inspect a bathroom, including all the boilerplate comments.

You can then use this component over and over again while writing an inspection for each of the bathrooms in the property you are inspecting.

In 3D you can ALSO share this component with other inspection styles (such as a condominium template). This way if, during an inspection, you add more items or boilerplate menu items it will change throughout your system.

I hope this helps!

Charles,

Sorry but your suggestion doesn't change the frustration or complaints I have with 3D software.

The management team and developers (I'm assuming you are part of the team) have abandoned the "standard paragraph" (central data base) concept and moved toward "custom form studio" (distributed data base)

Please refer to my comments above to review the problems with this concept.

There have been vertually no updates to the standard paragraph portion of the software, making all the information I've developed over the years vertually -un-managable. Your support personel have informed me that there are no plans to make improvements there and that they have more important things to attend to.

I believe that inspection software should provide tools that will allow the inspector to insert information from their "library of knowledge" to any area of the report with minimum keystrokes, and that their "library of knowledge" should be easily ammended and updated as building materials and codes change. It should only need to be stored and updated in one location to avoid conflicting information.

3D currently does not provide me with that freedom or ease of use.

It is my opinion that 3D abandoned the "standard paragraph" (central database concept) and moved to the "custom form studio" (distributed data base) to accomodate pocket PC's with limited data storage and computing capability. Unfortunately the pocket PC system doesn't work with a narrative style of reporting that many inspectors prefer.

Charles Cubbage Guest

I apologize if you have been frustrated with the standard paragraph feature, however I think you have some misunderstandings about our intentions for this feature.

First of all, the custom form studio and boilerplate text used to build the inspection actually pre-dates the standard paragraphs. It is also a more popular way of inserting text into inspections - and is a more "apples-to-apples" comparison with the features of other inspection software (I have not seen any other inspection software with a feature comparable to our standard paragraphs feature).

The standard paragraphs feature was designed as a libary of boilerplate text that can be inserted anywhere into the inspection. Since these paragraphs are not specific to an area of the inspection, it could certainly be difficult to organize them if you have, say, several thousand of them.

I certainly would be interested in seeing how you are implementing the standard paragraphs feature. The reason you are frustrated and feel like we are neglecting this area of the software may be as a result of using it in a way that had not occurred to us.

It is usually much more efficient to organize your comments as menu items under subheadings, however I have not seen the way you are trying to use the feature so I could be wrong. Version 11 allows unlimited menu items that can be organized into 3 different levels, so the subheadings can certainly handle your standard paragraphs.

Maybe you can contact our office and make an appointment to sit down and show us the issue you are having.

Ed Snedaker Guest

I've used 3d for years and wouldn't switch. It is very easy to use, easy to update and configure any way you want. All of these forms of reporting software take some tweaking. I think the most important consideration is whether it works for you.
    In the past I've used Palm Tech which is very good and similar to 3d. I have tried demos of some of the other software out there, but always come back to 3d. Bottom line is it suits my style of reporting and I hate the thought of switching.

Ken,

I used to be in Hi-tech prior to becoming a home inspector and worked for several software companies. Software developers need to follow the rule of "for the good of the many" rather than needs of the few. I used to use the standard paragraph feature but as 3D allowed more flexibility in the comments field and hyperlinks ( in a PDF) I went away from using them. I can't speak for the 3D developers but assume that many users went away from the feature and 3D focused their efforts on the areas people were asking for more functionality.

One of the reasons that I choose 3D several years ago was the fact that it was DB driven and your could extract pretty good reports from office manager module. I like the fact that I can see where my business is coming from and who is referring us the business.

3D isn't perfect and I doubt any of those mentioned above are but if you look at your business needs you can find one thats pretty close. 5 years ago I looked at the options and 3D met mine. Today, just like Scott Patterson, my comment base and the look of my reports don't look anything like the product I started with. In fact two local competitors use 3D but when you compare our physical reports you would never know due to the customization that each of us has done. I like lots of color and standard information at the beginning of each sub-section. They don't, I like a summary section at the beginning of the report, they don't etc. 3D allows this level of customization and I see it as my advantage.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Paul Bousquet Guest

Thumbs up Re: 3D Inspection software

All reporting software have there great features and setbacks.
    I researched several software and opted for 3d. My requirements were special as I was in need of a software that would allow me to do reports in french for both Marine Surveying and Home Inspections and availability , here, was very limited.
    The flexibility of 3D allowed me to do just that. I produced all my forms, layouts, observations and recommendations using one of their great features called categories. While on the exterior form, a problem with an outlet is recorded but will be sent to the electrical form.
    Access to comments is very easy so long as the forms are well constructed.
    I do not use the library for my comments but rather menu attached to subheadings and thaty works fine.
    I have created many forms that, when building a group, I insert as subforms so that any corrections made are only made once on the main form and the subform will be automatically corrected when compiling. I have one sloped roof form that can be called main roof, extension roof or garage roof, all of which have the same comments.
    I plan on using the library to store special paragraphs not frenquently used

I have used both a Toughbook Tablet PC and a Pocket PC. The pocket PC is great for its portability but lack in not recognizing different color text or summary levels within the same subheading but it still does a good job.
    This is only a inconvenience because my forms were designed to be mainly used with a tablet. The tablet does give you more options and flexibility.
    It has now been 3 years since I started uising 3D and have had great support from them.
    Today, I am a resellers, and that would not have been possible if not for the great help and support received from 3D. Now its my turn to offer the same great help and support to my clients.

Paul Bousquet
    RapportExpress.com

Chuck Lambert Guest

3D for me is the only way to go. I started using it about 6 years ago and have not since looked back. I have tried Homeguage, Porter Valley and a few others, but to me 3D stands out. At first glance NO software is the best out of the box. 3D can be totally customized in the way it looks and the comment library is by far the easiest to update. I find that if I have to make a new comment I just enter it and boom it is done, the comment will be in the library from now on.

You can add headings, subheadings, comments with a few clicks. You can add whole sections on the fly. Heck with a bit of time you can create your own forms. Cut and paste is easy. Adding and editing pictures is a breeze.

The support staff at 3D is GREAT!! Updates are created on an on-going basis to make the software better. A few years ago I met one of the developers at a symposium, I asked him if he could make it so you could merge two or more reports from two or more computers into one (multi-inspectors on one large building or project). Like one can merge a PDA with a desktop or laptop. He looked at me and said hmmm...next update had the capabilities!! They listen and make it happen!!

Chuck Lambert

Randy Greenre Guest

Hi Ed,
    I use 3D inspection software, and my company has performed over 10,000 home inspections with little problems. I am 67 years old and have no problems using this software. I think the office management section is the best.

Randy Greene

I know that I have spent a lot of time getting my report to look how I want it, and then keeping it up to date (adding stuff I find I need, or tweak the wording, etc). I would have to have a major melt down to consider switching software.

I bring this up because (I think) most of us started with XYZ software for whatever reason, then spent a huge amount of time making it our own, and just don't want to go thru that crap again.

For the most part, I think that most reporting software out there is pretty much the same. Out of the box, it needs a lot of work to make it yours.

I chose mine because a trusted friend had started using it, spent untold hours tweaking it, and shared his library with me when I signed on. If he had been using ABC or BFD software, instead of XYZ, then I would be using one of those now.

I think if someone is looking to get inspection software, find someone you trust that is using the software you like the looks of, and go from there. And see if they will share their library so you don't have to spend as much time tweaking it.

That said, I did see some crappy software in New Orleans in January.
    JF

Kim Martin Guest

I have been using 3D from the day I started. I have seen other programs but I have found 3D to complete all that I need to do in a professional, easy program to use. The tecnical support has been responsive and quick when I needed the help.

George Wells Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Wade ..why is it that all the Texas inspectors swear by Whisper yet outside of that not to many.
    I mean are there special sections for cattle and oil rigs, or whats the deal here.
    Texas inspectors are required to use the TREC report or a variation of it. Larry and Eric (Whisper Solutions) have probably been doing Texas inspection report software longer than any software publisher in the business.

Mike Weston Guest

For iPad 2 Home Inspection App you may like to check out InspectionSoftware.com For a stand alone App no Internet access needed. Take a Photo and it go's right into the Report page, no importing or downloading needed. Just too cool

Also a Texas iPad Inspection App will be out on 8/15/2011

Let me know what you think
    Mike W

Darrel Hood Guest

Microsoft Word and the state required format. I always try to read posts to get a feel for the time required to generate reports using the various software products. It seems that those of you using the software products spend about the same amount of time for a report that I spend using Word. Oh well, I'm a cheapskate.

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Whisper Solutions offers two application versions. Whisper PI and Whisper Reporter.

Whisper Reporter is their newer release that is completely customizable to anything you have need for in your business. Many sample templates are included with the Reporter version (Yes ... it includes the required Texas Template). They are currently working on even more sample templates to add to the ones already included.

Whisper Reporter is NOT JUST about the Texas required template.

Download the application (full operable package) and take it for a test drive.

You can modify the sample templates provided (in Whisper Reporter) or you can develop your own from the ground-up as you want to fit your needs. It is an amazing application.

I've been using the Whisper Solutions products for approaching 9-years and Whisper Reporter for 5-years and also work with the owners of Whisper Solutions to test, expand and enhance the product.

URL below takes you to the Whisper Reporter page of their website.

WhisperReporter

==

Smile Re: Inspection software

Ed,

Choosing the right inspection software is a challenge for all of us. Here is a tip that may help.

On April 13 and 14 in Houston, the Texas Professional Real Estate Inspectors Association (TPREIA) is hosting a conference on this subject. The conference is co hosted by InterNACHI. TPREIA will have Identify and Report, Whisper and Home Guage (& possibl\y one more) representatives there and they will be given at least 2 hours in a class room setting to demostrate their companies software. The seconday will be focused on report writing and some standard language used by seasoned inspectors and well as tips on language to avoid.

This conference will earn Teaxas inspectors 16 hours CEU credit with TREC. It is free to TRPEIA and InterNACHI members. For more information of to register e-mail info@tpreia.com .

Ed Fryday
    Director at Large
    TPREIA
    Owner
    Space City Inspections, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I know that I have spent a lot of time getting my report to look how I want it, and then keeping it up to date (adding stuff I find I need, or tweak the wording, etc). I would have to have a major melt down to consider switching software.

I bring this up because (I think) most of us started with XYZ software for whatever reason, then spent a huge amount of time making it our own, and just don't want to go thru that crap again.

For the most part, I think that most reporting software out there is pretty much the same. Out of the box, it needs a lot of work to make it yours.

I chose mine because a trusted friend had started using it, spent untold hours tweaking it, and shared his library with me when I signed on. If he had been using ABC or BFD software, instead of XYZ, then I would be using one of those now.

I think if someone is looking to get inspection software, find someone you trust that is using the software you like the looks of, and go from there. And see if they will share their library so you don't have to spend as much time tweaking it.
    JF
    Amen Jack! You nailed it precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by JB Thompson View Post
    I use Interspect Voice Interspect Voice...
    Always interested in how new technology could speed up or ease my work time and effort I visited the Inspect Voice web site but could not get any of the demo links or training links to work. I tried it in FF and IE. Any ideas?

Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Knauff View Post

Always interested in how new technology could speed up or ease my work time and effort I visited the Inspect Voice web site but could not get any of the demo links or training links to work. I tried it in FF and IE. Any ideas?
    Interesting...I'll let Steve know.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Knauff View Post

Steve emailed back and said the demo links were working fine. I tried both demo and training in firefox and they both worked as well.

I'm not sure what you to tell you.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Thanks JB. I tried it again and it works now. Computers....

Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Been having a good time playing with the Home Inspector Pro Android app.

Dominic is letting guys download the Beta for testing as it nears final completion and it has total sync with the cloud and your desktop software.
    Take a picture and it loads into the report on the phone and at home.

Anyone wishing to try it should give him ring while it is good to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Been having a good time playing with the Home Inspector Pro Android app.

Dominic is letting guys download the Beta for testing as it nears final completion and it has total sync with the cloud and your desktop software.
    Take a picture and it loads into the report on the phone and at home.

Anyone wishing to try it should give him ring while it is good to get in.
    Let us know if you can perform a complete inspection without your phone battery dying.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Let us know if you can perform a complete inspection without your phone battery dying.
    You definitely can but I suggest getting an extended battery anyways. I can go 18 hours on a single charge now and I'm a heavy user. Otherwise you'll want to charge it in your truck/car on the way to your next job.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    I have not had any issues "EVO" extended battery bought 2 years ago.
    No way I buy anything portable unless I get battery and storage upgrade at the counter.

Keep the phone clipped to my belt for fast release with my camera holstered right next to it.
    Cargo pants with ticker,tester,mini 160 lumen torch,and mini drill plus moisture meter and I am good to go with little need to run back to the tool bag much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12