Thread: Hi from Bama!

Heather Ellis Guest

Default Hi from Bama!

Hello,

Brand new here. Brand new to being an independent contractor actually. I have had 5 years experience as a licensed P&C insurance agent and about 3 years working in a high volume BPO office for a real estate broker.

Times got tough, I have a child with special needs and crazy allergies that won't allow for him to go to daycare, so I had to find something to do "outside the office". For some crazy reason, I chose this, and I think I actually love it!

Sure there are some days out in the field while I am driving around a rural county with no cell phone service and the gps swearing this dirt driveway is an actual road when I want to tear my hair out, but for the most part, it's exciting work. I get to make my own hours and most importantly haul the small child with me (as long as there is a dvd in the player or a gameboy in hand he is great for hours!).

So I just wanted to say hello. No, I'm not a certified HI and I do the crap jobs that some poo-poo, but it works for me.

I hope to meet some fellow FR on the site and maybe make some good business connects and learns great tips of the trade.

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Hi from Bama!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Ellis View Post
    Hello,

Brand new here. Brand new to being an independent contractor actually. I have had 5 years experience as a licensed P&C insurance agent and about 3 years working in a high volume BPO office for a real estate broker.

Times got tough, I have a child with special needs and crazy allergies that won't allow for him to go to daycare, so I had to find something to do "outside the office". For some crazy reason, I chose this, and I think I actually love it!

Sure there are some days out in the field while I am driving around a rural county with no cell phone service and the gps swearing this dirt driveway is an actual road when I want to tear my hair out, but for the most part, it's exciting work. I get to make my own hours and most importantly haul the small child with me (as long as there is a dvd in the player or a gameboy in hand he is great for hours!).

So I just wanted to say hello. No, I'm not a certified HI and I do the crap jobs that some poo-poo, but it works for me.

I hope to meet some fellow FR on the site and maybe make some good business connects and learns great tips of the trade.
    Welcome to the flock...

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Garry Blankenship Guest

Sup Bama. Lots to be learned here.

Welcome Heather. That is funny about the GPS and dirt roads. Seems mine likes to take me down them in the rural areas.

Hope it works out for you. If you're to be in unsanitary homes, dusty attics and crawlspaces, you may need to consider some things. For example, I use disposable coveralls for crawlspaces as opposed to washable ones. Perhaps being careful what you take home with you on you, and where you take off your clothing and boots. Washing your laundry separately. Just some thoughts considering your special needs child and allergies. Again, good luck.

Hi Heather,
    Welcome, and good luck in your new enterprise. There is plenty to learn from the members of this site. Don't be shy, ask plenty of questions.

George Hallaron: Owner primary inspector
    Bienvenue Home Inspections LLC
    www.bienvenuehomeinspections.com