Thread: CSST

Default CSST

I have 8" thick SIPs for exterior walls. The CSST is connected directly to the stub out where it enters the wall from the exterior. The connection between the stub out and the CSST can not be seen because the stub out is not long enough. OK, now to my question: can the bonding clamp be mounted on the section of the stub out that is on the exterior of the house? There seems to be enough room between the regulator and the entry point into the house to do it. OR, does the gas company need to come back to extend the stub out so that the bonding clamp is on the interior?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: CSST

The bonding is to be installed on the exterior on the black iron pipe before it enters the house. The black iron is already bonded to the CSST as it is connected together.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Dan Hagman ACI
    ProSite Home Inspections
    Des Moines, Iowa

Default Re: CSST

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I use propane. The line from the tank to the house is buried. It comes out of the ground near the house and attaches to a regulator which is attached to the side of the house.