Default Electric dryer venting

Hi Guys,

Dryer currently vented using flexible plastic to the outdoors. It appears to be clogged.

I know the manufacturer recoommends ridid metal venting. The current plastic vent is enclosed in an interior wall (6 to 8 feet) before it get to the outside wall. My question is, should I replace the current plastic vent with rigid metal, and run the rigid metal vent within the interior wall as before?

Somehow I wonder if this is safe. The Sears manual says rigid metal vent, but does not say if it should be in open space or if it can be within the wall.

Thanks,

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Mike Rodney
    Ontario, Canada

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Electric dryer venting

Quote Originally Posted by michael Rodney View Post
    Hi Guys,

Dryer currently vented using flexible plastic to the outdoors. It appears to be clogged.

I know the manufacturer recoommends ridid metal venting. The current plastic vent is enclosed in an interior wall (6 to 8 feet) before it get to the outside wall. My question is, should I replace the current plastic vent with rigid metal, and run the rigid metal vent within the interior wall as before?

Somehow I wonder if this is safe. The Sears manual says rigid metal vent, but does not say if it should be in open space or if it can be within the wall.

Thanks,
    This topic is presently located in the "Built-In Appliances" technical area, and as written appears to be a DIY question, esp. since H.I.'s generall don't do handy-work, they Inspect & Report. I anticipate the discussion will be moved to the "Questions from Home Owners, Home Buyers & DIYers" discussion area in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    This topic is presently located in the "Built-In Appliances" technical area, and as written appears to be a DIY question, esp. since H.I.'s generall don't do handy-work, they Inspect & Report. I anticipate the discussion will be moved to the "Questions from Home Owners, Home Buyers & DIYers" discussion area in the near future.
    A while back he stated that he is a new inspector in this post.
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...d-windows.html

It's very possible it's something he found on a recent inspection.

If we ask a question that HG determines it sounds like it's from a non inspector, should all of us post in the
    "Questions from Home Owners, Home Buyers & DIYers" discussion area ?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

No clothes dryer manufacturer allows the use of flexible vinyl exhaust material.

You can't run flexible exhaust or transition duct of any kind within walls-only smooth walled metal within walls or between floors.