Default Termites n Houston

My daughter bought a new house last year in Houston. She paid $180 for the initial termite inspection. Now a year later she is being asked to have it treated again. Those of you from Houston or similar climates - is it necessary to treat for termites on an annual basis? It is new construction. I would appreciate the education as she is asking my opinion and I don't have the familiarity with that area of the country.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Termites n Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cissell View Post
    My daughter bought a new house last year in Houston. She paid $180 for the initial termite inspection. Now a year later she is being asked to have it treated again. Those of you from Houston or similar climates - is it necessary to treat for termites on an annual basis? It is new construction. I would appreciate the education as she is asking my opinion and I don't have the familiarity with that area of the country.
    It is probably a "termite contract" for yearly inspection and treatment as needed. $180 for the initial termite inspection is way high! Should be around $50 to $75. Sounds like Orkin pricing...

Houston as with the entire Gulf Coast have three types of homes.
    1. Homes that will have termites
    2. Homes that have had termites and have been treated
    3. Homes that still have termites after they have been treated!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

You mention she paid 180. for the termite inspection (also known as a WDI report) and then you say a year latter she is requested to pay for a treatment.

The 2 are totally different in content. Maybe she is being asked to pay for a termite contract renewal that may have been present when she bought the home.

By the way, Houston has very high termite infestation problems.

Rick

OK. I see the confusion. I mistakenly said inspection when I should have said treatment. She paid for a treatment, not an inspection. Sorry about the confusion. I guess I always have "inspection" on my mind.

I can't imagine what kind of termite treatment costs only $180.00 That really doesn't sound right.

maybe it a termite bond? those require annual inspection's and fee's