Default CSST through brick wall

Should this installation have a sleeve and termination fitting at the wall instead of just run through the bricks like this? Any references would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Default Re: CSST through brick wall

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bombardiere View Post
    Should this installation have a sleeve and termination fitting at the wall instead of just run through the bricks like this? Any references would be appreciated.
    http://www.nhboa.net/pdf_documents/G...structions.pdf

Page 50

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Thanks for the quick response.

"When it is necessary to install Gastite through masonry materials the tubing shall be routed through a conduit that is a ½" larger in diameter (to ease routing) than the OD of the CSST and appropriate for the application. The sleeve must maintain a continuous watertight barrier between the masonry material and the CSST, up to or past the edge of the masonry hole."

I would think it would also have to have a termination fitting to hold it tight to the wall to prevent damage. I did not see that in the reference material, but have not looked it over that well yet.

Thanks for the quick response.

"When it is necessary to install Gastite through masonry materials the tubing shall be routed through a conduit that is a ½" larger in diameter (to ease routing) than the OD of the CSST and appropriate for the application. The sleeve must maintain a continuous watertight barrier between the masonry material and the CSST, up to or past the edge of the masonry hole."

I would think it would also have to have a termination fitting to hold it tight to the wall to prevent damage. I did not see that in the reference material, but have not looked it over that well yet.
    If it's in a sleeve to protect it why would you have a fitting to hold it tight?
    If it's a termination then a fitting would make sense.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

There are a couple of issues here. This is not an installation done by a Certified installer. Even if it were in conduit of appropriate size, the quick connect and valve need to be secured. There is no sealing tape at the fitting as required for exterior connections. The proper way would have been to use a termination fitting with a plate to secure the assembly to the wall, oversize the penetration hole and caulk the termination plate to the wall.

Yes, that is what I was saying. It should be in a termination fitting so that it is less subject to damage, but I did not see that in the instructions. Thanks

Yes, that is what I was saying. It should be in a termination fitting so that it is less subject to damage, but I did not see that in the instructions. Thanks
    Frank,
    Sometimes less is more.
    * Apparent Amateur Installation : Contact a competent Licensed Professional for Removal .